Old 05-23-2008, 06:43 AM
"Keith Bates"

Default Popfile broken after upgrade

I'm running Debian testing and use popfile to filter emails.

After an upgrade using synaptic something's gone wrong with popfile and it
won't work. I've been trying to remove it to re-install it but get this:

yariknow:/home/mrkeef# dpkg -r popfile
(Reading database ... 264826 files and directories currently installed.)
Removing popfile ...
Stopping popfile: start-stop-daemon: warning: failed to kill 15383: No
such process
No process in pidfile `/var/run/popfile/popfile.pid' found running; none
killed.

invoke-rc.d: initscript popfile, action "stop" failed.
dpkg: error processing popfile (--remove):
subprocess pre-removal script returned error exit status 1
Starting popfile: popfile.
popfile

Can someone please tell me how to get around this?

Thanks

--
God bless you,

Keith Bates

www.new-life.org.au

If you don't have a reason to live

JESUS IS THE ANSWER!

Ask him into your life today...
He really does make a difference

Old 05-23-2008, 09:29 AM
"Keith Bates"

Ok Thanks.

that allowed me to re-install, but I still can't run popfile

I'll continue working on it.

Keith

On Fri, 23 May 2008 18:18:07 +1000, Jayakrishnan M