Old 05-22-2008, 09:25 PM
Urs Thuermann

Default what happened to xon?

I run Debian testing and have upgraded many packages recently. After
the upgrade I noticed that the xon(1) utility has gone. It has been
part of the xutils package before. That package also contained a
number of other tools which seem to have been moved to other packages
named x11-*, but no package contains xon anymore.

Is this a bug or intended?

urs

Old 05-23-2008, 05:28 AM
Sven Joachim

On 2008-05-22 23:25 +0200, Urs Thuermann wrote:

> I run Debian testing and have upgraded many packages recently. After
> the upgrade I noticed that the xon(1) utility has gone. It has been
> part of the xutils package before. That package also contained a
> number of other tools which seem to have been moved to other packages
> named x11-*, but no package contains xon anymore.
>
> Is this a bug or intended?

Seems to be a bug, namely http://bugs.debian.org/456997. BTW, the BTS
is generally the first place to look in case of such problems.

Sven