Old 05-22-2008, 11:11 AM
Tobias Nissen

Default Multilevel-menu for awesome

Hi!

I'd really like to give awesome (the window manager) a try, but I'm
missing a multilevel-menu. The awesome-menu app itself is pretty neat,
but sometimes I find the right application by poking around in a
categorized menu (thanks to Debian's great menu policy).

I tried 9menu, ratmenu, deskmenu, but they all provide only one level.
I want something like the menu fluxbox provides. But that's not a
standalone app, is it? Do you know any?

I wouldn't even mind installing a small window manager to use its menu,
but I don't know any that provide a standalone menu that works with
other window managers.

Any suggestions appreciating,
Tobias

Old 05-23-2008, 10:27 AM
Michelle Konzack

Am 2008-05-22 13:11:15, schrieb Tobias Nissen:
> Hi!
>
> I'd really like to give awesome (the window manager) a try, but I'm
> missing a multilevel-menu. The awesome-menu app itself is pretty neat,
> but sometimes I find the right application by poking around in a
> categorized menu (thanks to Debian's great menu policy).
>
> I tried 9menu, ratmenu, deskmenu, but they all provide only one level.
> I want something like the menu fluxbox provides. But that's not a
> standalone app, is it? Do you know any?

The only Window-Manager with multi-level menu I know is fvwm2.
Maybe you should try it and it is highly configurable. Do not
be shocked about it...

> I wouldn't even mind installing a small window manager to use its menu,
> but I don't know any that provide a standalone menu that works with
> other window managers.

Thanks, Greetings and nice Day
Michelle Konzack
Systemadministrator
24V Electronic Engineer
Tamay Dogan Network
Debian GNU/Linux Consultant

Michelle Konzack Apt. 917 ICQ #328449886
+49/177/9351947 50, rue de Soultz MSN LinuxMichi