Old 05-21-2008, 03:23 PM
Stephane Durieux

Default save mail

Hello,

Newbie question:

What would you recommend to save mails. (I don t think it matters but I use postfix, courier-imap)
I ve heard of mail sync for email but don t wanna used this solution to begin.
A backup to a disk would be good for me.

The question I wonder is :
What happen when a cron task is launched and that a mail is about to be delivered.
Is it queued again ?
Or perhaps worse, if a mail is about to be delivered and a cron task (backup task) is starting

More generally, can you explain me the mecanism of locks

I use maildirs but I would like also know how to do for mailboxes

Thanks* for reply

Stephane

En finir avec
le spam? Yahoo! Mail vous offre la meilleure protection possible contre les messages non sollicités
http://mail.yahoo.fr Yahoo! Mail

Old 05-21-2008, 04:12 PM
Ron Johnson

Old 05-22-2008, 03:43 AM
Kevin Mark

On Wed, May 21, 2008 at 03:23:16PM +0000, Stephane Durieux wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Newbie question:
>
> What would you recommend to save mails. (I don t think it matters but I use
> postfix, courier-imap)
> I ve heard of mail sync for email but don t wanna used this solution to begin.
> A backup to a disk would be good for me.
>
> The question I wonder is :
> What happen when a cron task is launched and that a mail is about to be
> delivered.
> Is it queued again ?
> Or perhaps worse, if a mail is about to be delivered and a cron task (backup
> task) is starting
>
> More generally, can you explain me the mecanism of locks
>
> I use maildirs but I would like also know how to do for mailboxes
>

> Thanks for reply

I like 'archivemail'. It works on both maildir and mbox.
-k
--
| .'`. == Debian GNU/Linux == | my web site: |
| : :' : The Universal |mysite.verizon.net/kevin.mark/|