Old 05-21-2008, 01:23 PM
David Baron

Default root, -1 unkown

What the h*ll is that?

Running Debian Sid, KDE4-devel from experimental.

Old 05-21-2008, 01:44 PM
Ron Johnson

Old 05-21-2008, 02:28 PM
David Baron

> > What the h*ll is that?
> >
> > Running Debian Sid, KDE4-devel from experimental.
>
> Where/when does "this" show up?

Running the kde4/krunner top functionality, showing all processes.

Old 05-21-2008, 02:41 PM
Jochen Schulz

David Baron:
> What the h*ll is that?
>
> Running Debian Sid, KDE4-devel from experimental.

This is an error message reserved for people running software from
experimental who don't know how to ask smart questions.

J.
--
As a child I pulled the legs from a spider.
[Agree] [Disagree]

Old 05-21-2008, 03:21 PM
Ron Johnson

Old 05-21-2008, 04:02 PM
Micha

On Wed, 21 May 2008 17:28:52 +0300
David Baron <d_baron@012.net.il> wrote:

> > > What the h*ll is that?
> > >
> > > Running Debian Sid, KDE4-devel from experimental.
> >
> > Where/when does "this" show up?
>
> Running the kde4/krunner top functionality, showing all processes.

Do the columns show any title?
Is this for all processes, some processes, the only thing it shows?

Old 05-21-2008, 06:55 PM
Sjoerd Hardeman

Jochen Schulz wrote:

David Baron:

What the h*ll is that?

Running Debian Sid, KDE4-devel from experimental.

This is an error message reserved for people running software from
experimental who don't know how to ask smart questions.

J.
In my system, user -1 would be the anti-daemon. Let's hope I don't run
into user -1514

Sjoerd

Old 05-21-2008, 08:02 PM
David Baron

This is a process among all the others showing in krunner's top.

Root, -1 is the process name. unknown user.

Old 05-21-2008, 08:26 PM
Ron Johnson