Old 05-21-2008, 11:33 AM
Micha

Default browsing phone over bluetooth with bluetooth applet (under xfce)

I have bluetooth applet installed and installed everything I could find related
to bluetooth and obex. When I right click on the bluetooth applet I still see
browse device grayed out. I tried google but all I get was reference to just
working under ubuntu, nothing debian related.

How do I enable browsing devices under the bluetooth applet so that I can easly
download files from the phone?

I got send file working, but not recieve ...

using obexftp I can see the phone, so it's there and browsable, I must be
missing something.

I also couldn't get the applet to search for devices to connect to.

I am using xfce, and trying to keep the gnome/kde packages to a minimum so I
hope this doesn't entail installing nautillus

thanks