Old 05-21-2008, 07:44 AM
Raven

Default proftpd segfaulting

Hi.
Yesterday I did a fresh debian testing install on one of our servers but
it seems that the current proftpd version in the repositories is broken:

dsrv:~# /etc/init.d/proftpd start
Starting ftp server: proftpd/etc/init.d/proftpd: line 88: 3615
Segmentation fault start-stop-daemon --start --quiet --pidfile
"$PIDFILE" --oknodo --exec $DAEMON -- $OPTIONS
failed!

dsrv:~# aptitude show proftpd
Package: proftpd
State: installed
Automatically installed: no
Version: 1.3.1-9
Section: net

I am getting the same "Segmentation fault" error when starting it with
"proftpd --nodaemon".
I am using the following modules:

dsrv:~# cat /etc/proftpd/modules.conf

ModulePath /usr/lib/proftpd

# Allow only user root to load and unload modules, but allow everyone
# to see which modules have been loaded

ModuleControlsACLs insmod,rmmod allow user root
ModuleControlsACLs lsmod allow user *

LoadModule mod_sql_mysql.c
LoadModule mod_quotatab.c
LoadModule mod_quotatab_file.c
LoadModule mod_quotatab_sql.c
LoadModule mod_load.c

LoadModule mod_ifsession.c

Anybody experienced the same problem and have a fix/solution?

-Raven

Old 05-21-2008, 08:05 AM
"Francesco P. Lovergine"

On Wed, May 21, 2008 at 09:44:54AM +0200, Raven wrote:
> Hi.
> Yesterday I did a fresh debian testing install on one of our servers but
> it seems that the current proftpd version in the repositories is broken:
>
> dsrv:~# /etc/init.d/proftpd start
> Starting ftp server: proftpd/etc/init.d/proftpd: line 88: 3615
> Segmentation fault start-stop-daemon --start --quiet --pidfile
> "$PIDFILE" --oknodo --exec $DAEMON -- $OPTIONS
> failed!
>
> dsrv:~# aptitude show proftpd
> Package: proftpd
> State: installed
> Automatically installed: no
> Version: 1.3.1-9
> Section: net
>
> I am getting the same "Segmentation fault" error when starting it with
> "proftpd --nodaemon".
> I am using the following modules:
>
> dsrv:~# cat /etc/proftpd/modules.conf
>
> ModulePath /usr/lib/proftpd
>
> # Allow only user root to load and unload modules, but allow everyone
> # to see which modules have been loaded
>
> ModuleControlsACLs insmod,rmmod allow user root
> ModuleControlsACLs lsmod allow user *
>

> LoadModule mod_sql_mysql.c
> LoadModule mod_quotatab.c
> LoadModule mod_quotatab_file.c
> LoadModule mod_quotatab_sql.c
> LoadModule mod_load.c
>
> LoadModule mod_ifsession.c
>

> Anybody experienced the same problem and have a fix/solution?

You should provide your complete proftpd.conf and follow hints at
http://www.proftpd.org/docs/howto/Debugging.html. Anyway you are
missing

LoadModule mod_sql.c

before mod_sql_mysql.c which is a pre-requisite.

--
Francesco P. Lovergine

Old 05-21-2008, 11:25 AM
Raven

On Wed, 2008-05-21 at 10:05 +0200, Francesco P. Lovergine wrote:
> On Wed, May 21, 2008 at 09:44:54AM +0200, Raven wrote:
> > Anybody experienced the same problem and have a fix/solution?
> >

> LoadModule mod_sql.c
>
> before mod_sql_mysql.c which is a pre-requisite.

That worked. Sorry for screaming too early

-Raven