Linux Archive

Linux Archive (http://www.linux-archive.org/)
-   Debian User (http://www.linux-archive.org/debian-user/)
-   -   proftpd segfaulting (http://www.linux-archive.org/debian-user/92394-proftpd-segfaulting.html)

Raven 05-21-2008 07:44 AM

proftpd segfaulting
 
Hi.
Yesterday I did a fresh debian testing install on one of our servers but
it seems that the current proftpd version in the repositories is broken:

dsrv:~# /etc/init.d/proftpd start
Starting ftp server: proftpd/etc/init.d/proftpd: line 88: 3615
Segmentation fault start-stop-daemon --start --quiet --pidfile
"$PIDFILE" --oknodo --exec $DAEMON -- $OPTIONS
failed!

dsrv:~# aptitude show proftpd
Package: proftpd
State: installed
Automatically installed: no
Version: 1.3.1-9
Priority: optional
Section: net

I am getting the same "´╗┐Segmentation fault" error when starting it with
"proftpd --nodaemon".
I am using the following modules:

dsrv:~# cat /etc/proftpd/modules.conf

ModulePath /usr/lib/proftpd

# Allow only user root to load and unload modules, but allow everyone
# to see which modules have been loaded

ModuleControlsACLs insmod,rmmod allow user root
ModuleControlsACLs lsmod allow user *


LoadModule mod_sql_mysql.c
LoadModule mod_quotatab.c
LoadModule mod_quotatab_file.c
LoadModule mod_quotatab_sql.c
LoadModule mod_load.c

LoadModule mod_ifsession.c



Anybody experienced the same problem and have a fix/solution?

-Raven


--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org

"Francesco P. Lovergine" 05-21-2008 08:05 AM

proftpd segfaulting
 
On Wed, May 21, 2008 at 09:44:54AM +0200, Raven wrote:
> Hi.
> Yesterday I did a fresh debian testing install on one of our servers but
> it seems that the current proftpd version in the repositories is broken:
>
> dsrv:~# /etc/init.d/proftpd start
> Starting ftp server: proftpd/etc/init.d/proftpd: line 88: 3615
> Segmentation fault start-stop-daemon --start --quiet --pidfile
> "$PIDFILE" --oknodo --exec $DAEMON -- $OPTIONS
> failed!
>
> dsrv:~# aptitude show proftpd
> Package: proftpd
> State: installed
> Automatically installed: no
> Version: 1.3.1-9
> Priority: optional
> Section: net
>
> I am getting the same "´╗┐Segmentation fault" error when starting it with
> "proftpd --nodaemon".
> I am using the following modules:
>
> dsrv:~# cat /etc/proftpd/modules.conf
>
> ModulePath /usr/lib/proftpd
>
> # Allow only user root to load and unload modules, but allow everyone
> # to see which modules have been loaded
>
> ModuleControlsACLs insmod,rmmod allow user root
> ModuleControlsACLs lsmod allow user *
>
>
> LoadModule mod_sql_mysql.c
> LoadModule mod_quotatab.c
> LoadModule mod_quotatab_file.c
> LoadModule mod_quotatab_sql.c
> LoadModule mod_load.c
>
> LoadModule mod_ifsession.c
>
>
>
> Anybody experienced the same problem and have a fix/solution?
>

You should provide your complete proftpd.conf and follow hints at
http://www.proftpd.org/docs/howto/Debugging.html. Anyway you are
missing

LoadModule mod_sql.c

before mod_sql_mysql.c which is a pre-requisite.

--
Francesco P. Lovergine


--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org

Raven 05-21-2008 11:25 AM

proftpd segfaulting
 
On Wed, 2008-05-21 at 10:05 +0200, Francesco P. Lovergine wrote:
> On Wed, May 21, 2008 at 09:44:54AM +0200, Raven wrote:
> > Anybody experienced the same problem and have a fix/solution?
> >
>
> LoadModule mod_sql.c
>
> before mod_sql_mysql.c which is a pre-requisite.
>

That worked. Sorry for screaming too early :)

-Raven


--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org


All times are GMT. The time now is 12:30 PM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.