Old 05-21-2008, 01:26 AM
Alex Samad

Default problem with ldap ssh and password auth

Hi

I have most of my users in ldap, I would like to allow password
authentication, but I do not want to use usePAM, because pam uses
pam_env (which loads up /etc/default/locale), this is turn overrights
any LANG env sent from the ssh client.

Password auth works when i use usepam but i loose my LANG (unless i
remove the offending pam_env statement)

when I remove usePAM password authentication doesn't work - it takes the password but fails to authenticate

i am guessing this is because my userid is in ldap

any one else have this problem ?

--
"That's just the nature of democracy. Sometimes pure politics enters into the rhetoric."

- George W. Bush
08/08/2003
Crawford, TX