Old 05-20-2008, 11:02 PM
John Knops

Default apt & cdrom repository

Hi,
I want to download various debs to my home directory to be burnt latter
to a cd for use on an older computer which will not be connected to the
internet. At the moment I'm downloading all debs, including dependencies
manually one at a time. To speed up the process I've tried to use
¨apt-get -d -o dir::cache= ~/Tmp/deb install ¨ without any luck.
I'm obviously using the wrong options but can't think of any others to
try.Can someone tell me what I should be doing.

I'm running ubuntu on my box, is this the root of the problem.
Thanks,
JohnK.

Old 05-21-2008, 02:31 AM
Raj Kiran Grandhi

John Knops wrote:

Hi,
I want to download various debs to my home directory to be burnt latter
to a cd for use on an older computer which will not be connected to the
internet. At the moment I'm downloading all debs, including dependencies
manually one at a time. To speed up the process I've tried to use
¨apt-get -d -o dir::cache= ~/Tmp/deb install ¨ without any luck.
I'm obviously using the wrong options but can't think of any others to
try.Can someone tell me what I should be doing.

I'm running ubuntu on my box, is this the root of the problem.
Thanks,
JohnK.

Maybe apt-zip what you are looking for? I have not used it, but it
claims to ease the process of keeping a non-networked machine up-to-date.

-- Albert Einstein