-   -   curlftpfs and /dev/fuse (http://www.linux-archive.org/debian-user/91143-curlftpfs-dev-fuse.html)

Fabrizio Lippolis 05-19-2008 05:40 PM

curlftpfs and /dev/fuse

I have installed curlftpfs and I am trying to mount an ftp repository
in
my file local file system. I am trying to do this as root as a first
try
not to have problems with permissions and so on.

machine:~# curlftpfs -o allow_other,user="xxxx:yyyy"
ftp://ftphost/ /mnt/dir/
fusermount: failed to open /dev/fuse: No such file or directory

The installation of curlftpfs automatically required fuse-utils and
libfuse2 which are installed. I can't find the /dev/fuse device, I
rather
see there is a /dev/.static/dev/fuse device.
Suggestions are welcome. TIA.

Fabrizio

Florian Kulzer 05-20-2008 07:52 PM

curlftpfs and /dev/fuse

On Mon, May 19, 2008 at 19:40:31 +0200, Fabrizio Lippolis wrote:
> I have installed curlftpfs and I am trying to mount an ftp repository
> in
> my file local file system. I am trying to do this as root as a first
> try
> not to have problems with permissions and so on.
>
> machine:~# curlftpfs -o allow_other,user="xxxx:yyyy"
> ftp://ftphost/ /mnt/dir/
> fusermount: failed to open /dev/fuse: No such file or directory
>
> The installation of curlftpfs automatically required fuse-utils and
> libfuse2 which are installed. I can't find the /dev/fuse device, I
> rather
> see there is a /dev/.static/dev/fuse device.
> Suggestions are welcome. TIA.

Can you load the fuse module? Run "modprobe -v fuse" as root and check
if /dev/fuse is created. If this does not work then tell us which kernel
you run. (Post the output of "uname -a".)

Florian |

Fabrizio Lippolis 05-22-2008 12:53 PM

curlftpfs and /dev/fuse

--- Florian Kulzer <florian.kulzer+debian@icfo.es> ha scritto:

> Can you load the fuse module? Run "modprobe -v fuse" as root and
> check
> if /dev/fuse is created. If this does not work then tell us which
> kernel
> you run. (Post the output of "uname -a".)

Hi Florian, the fuse module loads fine and I can find the special
device /dev/fuse. Thank you very much. At this point I should load the
module at startup or compile it into the kernel.

Best regards,
Fabrizio