Old 05-19-2008, 05:32 PM
Ron Johnson

Default Mail not getting to DU

Old 05-19-2008, 06:05 PM
"Paul Johnson"

On Monday 19 May 2008 09:56:35 am linuxone wrote:
> My mail is not getting to DU from my home box.

Yeah, it is.

Normally, that's really more of something to take up with the listmaster, not
posting to the list you're not able to send to.

--
Paul Johnson
baloo@ursine.ca

Explaination of .pgp part: http://linuxmafia.com/faq/Mail/rant-gpg.html

Old 05-20-2008, 02:51 PM
Wayne Topa

More information on my mail problem.

Ron Johnson asked

How have you configured your MUA? To use your ISP's smtp > server, or
to use a local MTA as a relay host?

Running postfix version 252~rc2-1. Yes my relay host is set to my ISP's
smtp server.

Note: 'This' mail is being sent on my system using icedove.

The only lists I am having problems sending to are the debian lists.
All other (8) mailing lists are receiving my mail.

The OP was to see if it might be a postfix problem, which I doubt.

Paul Johnson wrote:

My mail is not getting to DU from my home box.

Yeah, it is.

That mail was not sent from my home system though.

I will contact the listmaster.

Thanks
Wayne

Old 05-20-2008, 04:43 PM
Ron Johnson

Old 05-20-2008, 05:38 PM
Wayne Topa

>> Running postfix version 252~rc2-1. Yes my relay host is set to my ISP's
>> smtp server.

> You did this with dpkg-reconfigure?

No, I set it up in /etc/postfix/main.cf

>> Note: 'This' mail is being sent on my system using icedove.

>Directly configured to point to smtp.${yourisp}.net?

Yes.

I am still reading the mail on mutt though. So I have to paste your
message into icedove. ;-(

>> The only lists I am having problems sending to are the debian lists.
>> All other (8) mailing lists are receiving my mail.
>>
>> The OP was to see if it might be a postfix problem, which I doubt.

I am beginning to think that post fix may be messed up. I can send to the
list with icedove (direct to ISP) and using the ISP's webmail, but not now
with postfix. The odd thing is, I have 8-12 other lists that I am not
having
this problem with. I can receive from all my lists and can send to them
all
except the debian lists. I can't figure out how postfix could be
misconfigured,
just for debian lists. This started about 3-4 weeks ago but I was busy
with other

projects and didn't discover the problem until this past weekend.

> If it wouldn't expose anything important, could you attach your
> /etc/postfix/main.cf or upload it to your web site for us to see it?

No problem. It's attached.

Thanks for the help Ron.

Wayne
# See /usr/share/postfix/main.cf.dist for a commented, more complete version

# Debian specific: Specifying a file name will cause the first
# line of that file to be used as the name. The Debian default
# is /etc/mailname.
#myorigin = /etc/mailname

biff = no

# appending .domain is the MUA's job.
append_dot_mydomain = no

# Uncomment the next line to generate "delayed mail" warnings
#delay_warning_time = 4h

readme_directory = /usr/share/doc/postfix

# TLS parameters
#smtpd_tls_cert_file=/etc/ssl/certs/ssl-cert-snakeoil.pem
#smtpd_tls_key_file=/etc/ssl/private/ssl-cert-snakeoil.key
#smtpd_use_tls=yes
#smtpd_tls_session_cache_database = btree:${queue_directory}/smtpd_scache
#smtp_tls_session_cache_database = btree:${queue_directory}/smtp_scache

# See /usr/share/doc/postfix/TLS_README.gz in the postfix-doc package for
# information on enabling SSL in the smtp client.

myhostname = dj.mtntop.home
alias_maps = hash:/etc/aliases
alias_database = hash:/etc/aliases
myorigin = /etc/mailname
#mydestination = dot5hosting.com, dj.mtntop.home, localhost.mtntop.home, localhost
mydestination = wtopa.dot5hosting.com, dj.mtntop.home, localhost.mtntop.home, localhost
relayhost = [wtopa.dot5hosting.com]
mynetworks = 127.0.0.0/8
mailbox_size_limit = 0
recipient_delimiter = +
inet_interfaces = all
html_directory = /usr/share/doc/postfix/html
smtp_sasl_password_maps = hash:/etc/postfix/sasl/sasl_passwd

Old 05-20-2008, 06:30 PM
Ron Johnson

On 05/20/08 12:38, Wayne Topa wrote:
>>> Running postfix version 252~rc2-1. Yes my relay host is set to my ISP's
>>> smtp server.
>
>> You did this with dpkg-reconfigure?
>
> No, I set it up in /etc/postfix/main.cf
>
>>> Note: 'This' mail is being sent on my system using icedove.
>
>>Directly configured to point to smtp.${yourisp}.net?
>
> Yes.
>
> I am still reading the mail on mutt though. So I have to paste your
> message into icedove. ;-(
>

>>> The only lists I am having problems sending to are the debian lists.
>>> All other (8) mailing lists are receiving my mail.
>>>
>>> The OP was to see if it might be a postfix problem, which I doubt.
>
> I am beginning to think that post fix may be messed up. I can send to the
> list with icedove (direct to ISP) and using the ISP's webmail, but not now
> with postfix. The odd thing is, I have 8-12 other lists that I am not
> having
> this problem with. I can receive from all my lists and can send to them
> all
> except the debian lists. I can't figure out how postfix could be
> misconfigured,
> just for debian lists. This started about 3-4 weeks ago but I was busy
> with other
> projects and didn't discover the problem until this past weekend.
>
>> If it wouldn't expose anything important, could you attach your
>> /etc/postfix/main.cf or upload it to your web site for us to see it?
>

> No problem. It's attached.
>
> Thanks for the help Ron.

The only seemingly significant differences are that you have []
around your relayhost, and mynetworks is 127.0.0.0/8. For some
now-unremembered reason, I had to change it to 192.168.1.0/24.
Also, I don't see a relay_domains in your main.cf.

- --
Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson LA USA

ESPN makes baseball players better.