Old 05-18-2008, 10:07 AM
michael

Default vmplayer - how to share Debian folders with XP

On 17 May 2008, at 17:01, Raj Kiran Grandhi wrote:

michael wrote:

On Sat, 2008-05-17 at 06:45 +0530, Raj Kiran Grandhi wrote:

michael wrote:
eg: The installation of VMware Player 2.0.3 build-80004 for
Linux completed
successfully. You can decide to remove this software from your
system at

any
time by invoking the following command: "/usr/bin/vmware-
uninstall.pl".

Before running VMware Player for the first time, you need to
configure

it by
invoking the following command: "/usr/bin/vmware-config.pl". Do
you want

this
program to invoke the command for you now? [yes]
{}

Fantastic! Installing ia32-libs did the trick!
Now if only I could work out how to make some folders on my amd64
Debian

system appear on the WinXP virtual machine (without dragging them)!
Thanks! Michael

Samba? Or you can use the shared folders option of vmware.

I had tried shared folders but came to the conclusion that for the
free vmplayer running in Debian and a WinXP image somebody gave me
that it wasn't supported. Are you saying otherwise since that would
be the best solution? I wish to see/manipulate [some of] my Debian
directories from the WinXP Virtrual Machine

Otherwise I'll look at Samba as you, and Carl, suggested.

Thanks, Michael