Old 05-18-2008, 04:49 AM
Alan Chandler

Default Is our video support going backwards?

I have an ipod nano, and some months ago I was able to use ffmpeg to
convert video to mp4 with an aac audio stream. I can still do it on my
Etch system, but with my unstable system, I can't find the necessary
libfaac library to make it work

Having made my mp4 video (on the Etch system), I try and load it into my
ipod with gtkpod, and its refusing to load it saying it can't handle
the file type.

I certainly used to be able to. Has something changed recently

--
Alan Chandler
http://www.chandlerfamily.org.uk

Old 05-18-2008, 12:51 PM
"Michael Marsh"

On Sun, May 18, 2008 at 12:49 AM, Alan Chandler
<alan@chandlerfamily.org.uk> wrote:
> I have an ipod nano, and some months ago I was able to use ffmpeg to
> convert video to mp4 with an aac audio stream. I can still do it on my
> Etch system, but with my unstable system, I can't find the necessary
> libfaac library to make it work

According to apt-file, libfaac.so.0 is in the package libfaac0, and
libfaac.a and libfaac.so are in libfaac-dev (this is in sid).

--
Michael A. Marsh
http://www.umiacs.umd.edu/~mmarsh

Old 05-18-2008, 01:05 PM
Nicolas George

Le decadi 30 floréal, an CCXVI, Michael Marsh a écrit*:
> According to apt-file, libfaac.so.0 is in the package libfaac0, and
> libfaac.a and libfaac.so are in libfaac-dev (this is in sid).

According to

curl -s ftp://ftp.debian.org/debian/dists/sid/{main,contrib,non-free}/binary-i386/Packages.bz2 | bunzip2 | grep faac

this is not in sid. Could you check your apt-file database and your sources
and confirm?

Nicolas George

Old 05-18-2008, 01:11 PM
"Michael Marsh"

Ah, sorry: Those are from www.debian-multimedia.org

Old 05-18-2008, 01:14 PM
Florian Kulzer

On Sun, May 18, 2008 at 15:05:39 +0200, Nicolas George wrote:
> Le decadi 30 floréal, an CCXVI, Michael Marsh a écrit*:
> > According to apt-file, libfaac.so.0 is in the package libfaac0, and
> > libfaac.a and libfaac.so are in libfaac-dev (this is in sid).
>
> According to
>
> curl -s ftp://ftp.debian.org/debian/dists/sid/{main,contrib,non-free}/binary-i386/Packages.bz2 | bunzip2 | grep faac
>
> this is not in sid. Could you check your apt-file database and your sources
> and confirm?

It is available from debian-multimedia. The version of ffmpeg from the
same source depends (indirectly via libavcodeccvs51) on libfaac0, so I
would assume that it still supports AAC. (I did not test this.)

Florian |