Old 05-17-2008, 07:59 PM
tyler

Default printing setup

Hi,

I'm just starting to set up my printer, and all is well except for one
thing. The page prints too close to the top of the paper, so that I lose
the top cm or so off the top of the paper. I'm not sure if this is a
CUPS issue, a printer issue, a driver issue? I looked around the CUPS
webpage, and did some googling, but I'm not really sure what I'm looking
for. Any pointers?

Details:
Thinkpad R60 running testing
SAMSUNG ML-2010 laserjet printer
Installed everything I found in aptitude under tasks->servers->print
servers, including all recommends and most suggests. (i.e., cupssys,
printconf, foomatic and friends)
Installed and configured the printer using http://localhost:631
Printing via GtkLP, at least until I figure out the command-line
Printing pdf is fine, except for the problem described above

Thanks,

Tyler