Old 05-17-2008, 03:21 PM
seeds

Default sandisk mp3 player mount

how can i mount a sandisk mp3 player in debian lenny?

Old 05-17-2008, 04:16 PM
Alan Ianson

On Sat May 17 2008 08:21:53 am seeds wrote:
> how can i mount a sandisk mp3 player in debian lenny?

A friend of mine bought an mp3 player (some generic brand) that didn't
automount for unknown reasons. I mounted it manually but adding an entry
in /etc/fstab like below and it mounts fine that way.

/dev/sdc1 /mnt/mp3player vfat rw,users,noauto 0 0

Then "mount /mnt/mp3player" to mount it and "umount /mnt/mp3player" to unmount
it. You need to mount the correct device and that directory needs to exist.
You need to use the correct file system also, I think I used vfat but I'm not
sure now.

Old 05-17-2008, 04:22 PM
"Michael Marsh"

On Sat, May 17, 2008 at 11:21 AM, seeds <catharcyst@gmail.com> wrote:
> how can i mount a sandisk mp3 player in debian lenny?

I don't know what version of usbmount is in lenny, but the version in
sid doesn't recognize vfat filesystems. You can change that by
modifying the "FILESYSTEMS" variable in /etc/usbmount/usbmount.conf

Note the scary message about sync'ing before umounting the device for
vfat, which is why it's disabled by default.

--
Michael A. Marsh
http://www.umiacs.umd.edu/~mmarsh

Old 05-17-2008, 04:49 PM
Nyizsnyik Ferenc

On Sat, 17 May 2008 09:16:15 -0700
Alan Ianson <alianson@shaw.ca> wrote:

> On Sat May 17 2008 08:21:53 am seeds wrote:
> > how can i mount a sandisk mp3 player in debian lenny?
>
> A friend of mine bought an mp3 player (some generic brand) that
> didn't automount for unknown reasons. I mounted it manually but
> adding an entry in /etc/fstab like below and it mounts fine that way.
>
> /dev/sdc1 /mnt/mp3player vfat rw,users,noauto 0 0
>
> Then "mount /mnt/mp3player" to mount it and "umount /mnt/mp3player"
> to unmount it. You need to mount the correct device and that
> directory needs to exist. You need to use the correct file system
> also, I think I used vfat but I'm not sure now.

An other thing to check: some of them have only one partition on them
(like, mine didn't automount either, because it was seen as /dev/sda
instead of /dev/sda1).

--
Nyizsa.
http://nyizsa.uni.cc

Old 06-30-2008, 04:21 PM
"Oscar Blanco"

I've got a Sandisk Digital Audio Player 1GB and Debian Lenny, Kernel 2-6-22-3-686, KDE Version 3.5.8.
It is automounted by a deamon,
here what I get after confirmation window

$mount

/dev/sda1 on /media/(devicename) type vfat (rw,nousid,nodev,noatime,uid=1000,utf8,shortname=l ower)

Hope it helps you.

Ciao.
--
Oscar Blanco García
Ingeniero Electrónico - Universidad Nacional de Colombia

Teléfono: Casa: +57 1 687 0019
Celular: +57 3133890451
Carrera 123B # 131-66 Bloque 55 Apartamento 402
Bogotá, Colombia