Old 05-15-2008, 09:03 PM
Dexter Filmore

Default no flash in opera after upgrade

Today I preferenced etch-backports and did a huge upgrade, so far all fine but
one thing: Opera 9.27 won't play flash anymore.
Iceweasel does, so th eplugin seems fine. Pathes and all appear correct to me.
Ran strace on Opera and searched the output for open calls on flash, but
nothing.

Ideas?

Dex

--

http://www.vorratsdatenspeicherung.de

Old 05-15-2008, 09:31 PM
Graham

On Thu, 15 May 2008 23:03:51 +0200
Dexter Filmore <Dexter.Filmore@gmx.de> wrote:

> Today I preferenced etch-backports and did a huge upgrade, so far all
> fine but one thing: Opera 9.27 won't play flash anymore.
> Iceweasel does, so th eplugin seems fine. Pathes and all appear
> correct to me. Ran strace on Opera and searched the output for open
> calls on flash, but nothing.
>
> Ideas?

Yeah, it's a problem with Opera 9.27 and Adobe's latest Flash, which
won't be resolved in the 9.2 versions of Opera. You'll have to do what
I ended up doing, and move onto the betas of 9.5. Opera 9.5b2 is quite
good and stable for me, and Flash works with it, too.

You'll find more info about this issue using the link below:

http://my.opera.com/community/forums/search.dml?term=flash&id=26&x=0&y=0

You can find the 9.5b2 version here:

http://www.opera.com/products/desktop/next/

Graham

Old 05-17-2008, 11:52 AM
Angus Auld

--- Graham <doubleyou@loftmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, 15 May 2008 23:03:51 +0200
> Dexter Filmore <Dexter.Filmore@gmx.de> wrote:
>
> > Today I preferenced etch-backports and did a huge
> upgrade, so far all
> > fine but one thing: Opera 9.27 won't play flash
> anymore.
> > Iceweasel does, so th eplugin seems fine. Pathes
> and all appear
> > correct to me. Ran strace on Opera and searched
> the output for open
> > calls on flash, but nothing.
> >
> > Ideas?
>
> Yeah, it's a problem with Opera 9.27 and Adobe's
> latest Flash, which
> won't be resolved in the 9.2 versions of Opera.
> You'll have to do what
> I ended up doing, and move onto the betas of 9.5.
> Opera 9.5b2 is quite
> good and stable for me, and Flash works with it,
> too.
>
> You'll find more info about this issue using the
> link below:

http://my.opera.com/community/forums/search.dml?term=flash&id=26&x=0&y=0

> You can find the 9.5b2 version here:
>
> http://www.opera.com/products/desktop/next/
>

> Graham
If you would rather continue using Opera 9.27, you can
get archived flashplayers here:
http://kb.adobe.com/selfservice/viewContent.do?externalId=tn_14266

Use the 9r48 version. I have found the easiest way to
do this is to ceate a ~/plugins folder and put
flashplayer there for Opera. Opera will usually find
it, but you will want to remove the pluginpath for the
newer version from Operas pluginpaths.

I am personally using Opera 9.50b2, and find it quite
acceptably stable, and latest flashplayer works ok
also.

Best regards.

--
Angus

"All churches, whether Jewish, Christian, or Muslim, appear
to me no other than human inventions, setup to terrify and
enslave mankind - and to monopolize power and profit."
--
Thomas Paine (1737-1809)

######Laptop powered by Linux######
######Reg. Linux User #278931######