Old 05-15-2008, 05:29 PM
Abdelkader BELAHCENE

Default pxelinux.0 doesn't recognize my Mirrored debian??

Hi,

I mirrored completly lenny (i386) on my server about 19 giga, last month.

I want to install on PC by using my server via the pxelinux.0 program.
It runs correctly when the server for installation is an official one
for example ftp.fr.debian.org,
when I use mine, I doesn't found appropriate file. I checked the
command use (on second terminal) it used

sh -c /usr/lib/debian-installer/retivier/net-retriv.....
and other commands like
anna retriver default
choose-mirror

Is there a special directory to download in relation with the net
install via pxe??

Notice: When the netinstall from usb found corrcetly my server ????
maybe I need DNS, I just gave IP address ???

My goal is to install several machines without CDROM or USB, using my
local mirror.

thanks for help

bela

Old 05-15-2008, 10:16 PM
Alex Samad

On Thu, May 15, 2008 at 06:29:11PM +0100, Abdelkader BELAHCENE wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I mirrored completly lenny (i386) on my server about 19 giga, last month.
>
> I want to install on PC by using my server via the pxelinux.0 program.
> It runs correctly when the server for installation is an official one
> for example ftp.fr.debian.org,
> when I use mine, I doesn't found appropriate file. I checked the command
> use (on second terminal) it used
> sh -c /usr/lib/debian-installer/retivier/net-retriv.....
> and other commands like
> anna retriver default
> choose-mirror
>
> Is there a special directory to download in relation with the net
> install via pxe??
>
> Notice: When the netinstall from usb found corrcetly my server ????
> maybe I need DNS, I just gave IP address ???
>

> My goal is to install several machines without CDROM or USB, using my
> local mirror.

What I usually do is create an apt-cacher server, this acts as a apt
proxy, you place lines in yours sources.list that points to the
apt-cacher and it either returns the file from its cache or retrieves it
from the net. That way you only retrieve the packages you use (and once
only)

I have used this from a net install cd, not from a pxe boot server, but
I believe they are about the same environment.

have a look at apt-cacher, have the local machine point to it first and
then do you pxe env

> thanks for help
>
> bela

"As you can possibly see, I have an injury myself?not here at the hospital, but in combat with a cedar. I eventually won. The cedar gave me a little scratch."

- George W. Bush
01/01/2006
San Antonio, TX
After visiting with wounded veterans from the Amputee Care Center of Brooke Army Medical Center

Old 05-16-2008, 01:36 PM
Raj Kiran Grandhi

Abdelkader BELAHCENE wrote:

Hi,

I mirrored completly lenny (i386) on my server about 19 giga, last month.

I want to install on PC by using my server via the pxelinux.0 program.
It runs correctly when the server for installation is an official one
for example ftp.fr.debian.org,
when I use mine, I doesn't found appropriate file. I checked the command
use (on second terminal) it used

sh -c /usr/lib/debian-installer/retivier/net-retriv.....
and other commands like
anna retriver default
choose-mirror

Is there a special directory to download in relation with the net
install via pxe??

How did you create your local mirror. Make sure that you have also
downloaded the main/debian-installer section since that is where the
installer loads its components from. Also make sure that you have the
correct Release.gpg files.

--
Raj Kiran Grandhi