Old 05-15-2008, 04:33 PM
Egor sv

Default Please help

Hi!

I am having problem installing "gcc-4.3.0" i get message:

configure erro: no acceptable C compiler found in $PATH
See config.log for more details

but gcc is a c compiler so what can i do ?

Old 05-15-2008, 04:45 PM
Jeetu Golani

Hi,

I'm not sure I understand correctly. Etch (Debian 4.0) doesn't include
gcc-4.3.0 (does it??...just did a cursory check on the packages at debian.org
but can't see it). So it can't be in the repository. how're you trying to
install it??.....are you trying to compile gcc from source???

Bye for now

Old 07-10-2008, 03:38 PM
Leslie Bounan

Dear Sir

*

I had a problem when I downloaded your product.
*
I received a message from notepad It says " The Cocuments and settingsleslocalsettingsTemporary Internet
************************************************** ********* FilesContent.IE5RMHN5MJ1ubunto-8.04.1-desktop-i386{1}.iso file
************************************************** **********is too large for notepad
************************************************** ********* Use another editor to edit the file*"

What should I do?????

Can you please Help
*
Thank You
*
Les

Old 07-10-2008, 03:45 PM
"Srinivas Thimmappa"

Hi,

> I received a
message from notepad It says " The Cocuments and
settingsleslocalsettingsTemporary Internet ************************* ************************* *****
**********>FilesContent.IE5RMHN5MJ1ubunt o-8.04.1-desktop-i386{1}.iso file
is too large for notepad Use another editor to edit the file*"

*

Please right click on the ISO image and
save it on your desktop or any other download directory and then extract.
Simply don’t click on the ISO image it will try to download in the temporary
directory.

*

Regards,

Srinivas

*

************************* ************************* *********
FilesContent.IE5RMHN5MJ1ubunto-8.04.1-desktop-i386{1}.iso file

************************* ************************* **********is
too large for notepad

************************* ************************* *********
Use another editor to edit the file*"

What should I do?????

Can you please Help

*

Thank You

*

Les

Use video conversation to talk face-to-face with Windows
Live Messenger. Get started.

This electronic mail transmission may contain privileged,

confidential and/or proprietary information intended only for the

person(s) named. Any use, distribution, copying or disclosure to

another person is strictly prohibited. If you are not the

addressee indicated in this message (or responsible for delivery

of the message to such person), you may not copy or deliver this

message to anyone. In such case, you should destroy this message

and kindly notify the sender by reply email.

Old 07-10-2008, 03:45 PM
"Jim Rosser"

Why are you trying to open a .iso file with notepad, you will need to use a burning software to burn the cd image to a disk.

On Thu, Jul 10, 2008 at 9:38 AM, Leslie Bounan <lmbounan@hotmail.com> wrote:

Dear Sir

*

I had a problem when I downloaded your product.
*
I received a message from notepad It says " The Cocuments and settingsleslocalsettingsTemporary Internet
************************************************** ********* FilesContent.IE5RMHN5MJ1ubunto-8.04.1-desktop-i386{1}.iso file

************************************************** **********is too large for notepad
************************************************** ********* Use another editor to edit the file*"

What should I do?????

Can you please Help
*
Thank You
*
Les

Jim Rosser
Winchester Designs

Old 07-10-2008, 03:49 PM
Leslie Bounan

I downloaded to product and this is the message that I am getting

*

When it first came up to download I clicked on "Run" and at the end when it went to install that was the message that I

received.

I did not bring up notepad in any way shape or form

*

Les

Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2008 09:45:39 -0600
From: jarosser06@gmail.com
To: ubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
Subject: Re: Please Help

[...]

Making the world a better place one message at a time. Check out the i'm Talkathon.

Old 07-10-2008, 04:15 PM
Rashkae

Leslie Bounan wrote:
> I downloaded to product and this is the message that I am getting
>
> When it first came up to download I clicked on "Run" and at the end when it went to install that was the message that I
> received.
> I did not bring up notepad in any way shape or form
>
> Les

you cannot 'run" an iso image. You need to download the file and Save
it somewhere on your hard drive (desktop is convenient). Then you need
a CD burning application. such as Nero Express, to burn the ISO image to
disc.

Old 07-10-2008, 04:20 PM
Phil Sexton

Leslie Bounan wrote:
> I downloaded to product and this is the message that I am getting
>
> When it first came up to download I clicked on "Run" and at the end when
> it went to install that was the message that I
> received.
> I did not bring up notepad in any way shape or form

To burn your iso to CD, follow this guide.

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/BurningIsoHowto

Old 07-10-2008, 04:41 PM
Mario Vukelic

On Thu, 2008-07-10 at 15:38 +0000, Leslie Bounan wrote:
> Dear Sir
>
> I had a problem when I downloaded your product.

Just to be sure you understand how this mailing list works (because the
way you addressed the list in your post makes this seem unlikely), and
to spare you future trouble:

The ubuntu-users mailing list gives volunteer support. That is, nobody
here is being paid for hanging out, and everyone's here because they
like to help other users for one reason or other.

If you prefer commercial support, please visit this page:
http://www.ubuntu.com/support/paid

If you decide to use the volunteer mailing list for support:

A side effect of volunteer support is that you should not take
everything that is written here as gospel. Most of the help you will
receive is very good (such as the link that Phil Sexton posted in
response to your question). However, it won't hurt to use critical
thinking, since sometimes you might receive advice that is not so great.
Such answers will usually be quickly corrected by other contributors,
but it might take some time.

Old 07-10-2008, 04:58 PM
NoOp

On 07/10/2008 08:38 AM, Leslie Bounan wrote:
> Dear Sir
>
> I had a problem when I downloaded your product. I received a message
> from notepad It says " The Cocuments and
> settingsleslocalsettingsTemporary Internet
> FilesContent.IE5RMHN5MJ1ubunto-8.04.1-desktop-i386{1}.iso file
> is too large for notepad
> Use another editor to edit the file " What should I do????? Can you
> please Help Thank You Les

Please review the information here:
https://help.ubuntu.com/8.04/switching/index.html

That will provide you with detailed instructions necessary for Ubuntu.