Old 05-14-2008, 06:43 PM
"Arvind Marathe"

Default Image Viewers(Was: Reducing wastage of screen real estate in gnome)

On Wed, May 14, 2008 at 11:49 PM, Kevin Monceaux <Kevin@rawfeddogs.net> wrote:
> On Wed, 14 May 2008, Micha wrote:
>
>> As for image viewer, IIRC what xv is like you may like feh. These days I
>> use gqview though.
>
> I browsed feh's web site and it looks like it might be something I'd like.
> I'll take it for a spin when I get home later. One of the main features I
> look for is plenty of keyboard shortcuts. Personally, I only reach for a
> mouse, well, a trackball at home, as a last resort.

You might also try xzgv.

Arvind

Old 05-15-2008, 12:04 AM
Kevin Monceaux

Arvind,

On Thu, 15 May 2008, Arvind Marathe wrote:

You might also try xzgv.

Out of the viewers I've tried so far I think I like xzgv the best. After
only five to ten minutes of tinkering I'm already able to navigate to the
next/previous image, zoom in and out, etc. as quickly as I can in xv.
And, with xv zooming an image larger than screen size wasn't an option.
One had to select a region with the mouse, crop the image, the zoom. So,
xzgv is easier in that respect.

Kevin
http://www.RawFedDogs.net
http://www.WacoAgilityGroup.org