Old 05-14-2008, 08:36 AM
Bernd Kloss

Default Alsa configuration

Etch

Hello,

former AUDACITY-problem turned out on "how to configure alsa properly for
recording".

Starting
alsamixer
within text-console MIC and CAPTURE are on.
Soundhardware seems to be working: I can hear the MIC-signal over speakers.

Trying to record with

arecord -d 10 -f cd -t wav test.wav

I get an empty file.

What is going wrong and how can I fix it?

Thank you

Bernd

Old 05-14-2008, 12:56 PM
Frank McCormick

Old 05-15-2008, 05:48 PM
Bernd Kloss

Am Mittwoch, 14. Mai 2008 14:56 schrieb Frank McCormick:
> On Wed, 14 May 2008 10:36:53 +0200
>
> Bernd Kloss <b_kloss@web.de> wrote:
> > former AUDACITY-problem turned out on "how to configure alsa properly
> > for recording".
> >
> > Starting
> > alsamixer
> > within text-console MIC and CAPTURE are on.
> > Soundhardware seems to be working: I can hear the MIC-signal over
> > speakers.
> >
> > Trying to record with
> >
> > arecord -d 10 -f cd -t wav test.wav
> >
> > I get an empty file.
> >
> > What is going wrong and how can I fix it?
>
> Go here:
>
> http://alsa.opensrc.org/index.php/Main_Page

Thank You! The DAC and ADC have to be set on capture! Whatever that means!

Greetings
Bernd