Old 05-13-2008, 02:49 PM
Frank McCormick

Default no recording with mic and audacity

Old 05-13-2008, 11:12 PM
Bernd Kloss

Am Dienstag, 13. Mai 2008 16:49 schrieb Frank McCormick:
> On Tue, 13 May 2008 11:51:06 +0200
>
> Bernd Kloss <b_kloss@web.de> wrote:
> > Etch
> > Terratec-Soundcard
> > KDE
> >
> > I have no clue where in Debian my problem is. Trying to do some
> >

> > Audacity: recording-device: /dev/dsp
>
> If you are running Alsa (as I suspect) the recording device in Audacity
> should be alsa-default, not /dev/dsp.
>
> And make sure capture is ON in your mixer, and that mic is selected.
>

> Cheers
Thank you..
I am running ALSA, but I cannot change /dev/dsp to anything else.

Capture is on, mic is selected for recording (green and red highlighted)

Ciao

Old 05-14-2008, 02:18 AM
Fan Liu

I have encountered the same problem, the link below helped.

http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/debian-26/help-i-cant-record-line-inmic-on-alsa-cs46xx-438831/

In a word: set capture active for ADC and DAC as well as for "capture" and
line-in/mic.

Cheers,

Fan

On Wed, May 14, 2008 at 01:12:19AM +0200, Bernd Kloss wrote:
> Am Dienstag, 13. Mai 2008 16:49 schrieb Frank McCormick:
> > On Tue, 13 May 2008 11:51:06 +0200
> >
> > Bernd Kloss <b_kloss@web.de> wrote:
> > > Etch
> > > Terratec-Soundcard
> > > KDE
> > >
> > > I have no clue where in Debian my problem is. Trying to do some
> > >

> > > Audacity: recording-device: /dev/dsp
> >
> > If you are running Alsa (as I suspect) the recording device in Audacity
> > should be alsa-default, not /dev/dsp.
> >
> > And make sure capture is ON in your mixer, and that mic is selected.
> >

> > Cheers
> Thank you..
> I am running ALSA, but I cannot change /dev/dsp to anything else.
>
> Capture is on, mic is selected for recording (green and red highlighted)
>
> Ciao

Fan Liu
Ph.D Student of Star Formation in Galaxies Group,
Purple Mountain Observatory,
2# West Beijing Road, Nanjing, China
Email: fanliu@pmo.ac.cn
Homepage: http://sfig.pmo.ac.cn/~fliu/