Old 05-13-2008, 02:48 PM
Benjamin Schmidt

Default replacing pxe.linux.0

Raj Kiran Grandhi wrote:

abelahcene wrote:

Hi,
I install successfully debian via pxe (dhcp and al.) , from a remote
server, but I want instead of using pxe.linux.0 , I want to use a
full CD1, to do the installation without using extra server. Is it
possible ?

thanks a lot

Boot from CD1 and install? Or am I missing something?

Sounds like installing from CD is some very old guru-task and possible
no more "provided"

On www.debian.org you have on the left navigation a point called "CD ISO
images".

Get it per HTTP (for example) by searching the nearest mirror. Direct link:

http://www.debian.org/CD/http-ftp/

Best regards,
Benjamin Schmidt

Old 05-13-2008, 08:20 PM
Michelle Konzack

Am 2008-05-13 16:48:51, schrieb Benjamin Schmidt:
> Sounds like installing from CD is some very old guru-task and possible
> no more "provided"

Right! -- And there are people talking about Debian on BlueRay Media!
I have the 50 GByte one which would be enough for Lenny+2 too.

Hmmm, maybe I am a very oldie since I remember to have installed
Debian GNU/Linux from five 1.44er Floppies...

Thanks, Greetings and nice Day
Michelle Konzack
Systemadministrator
24V Electronic Engineer
Tamay Dogan Network
Debian GNU/Linux Consultant

Michelle Konzack Apt. 917 ICQ #328449886
+49/177/9351947 50, rue de Soultz MSN LinuxMichi

Old 05-14-2008, 02:56 AM
Alex Samad

On Tue, May 13, 2008 at 12:36:47PM +0100, abelahcene wrote:
> Hi,
> I install successfully debian via pxe (dhcp and al.) , from a remote
> server, but I want instead of using pxe.linux.0 , I want to use a full
> CD1, to do the installation without using extra server. Is it possible ?
> thanks a lot

If you want to still pxe boot and install, then I think not, pxe.linux.0
is a pxe boot environment file which starts up the install process, but
i don;t the pxe environment would allow for the transfer of such a large
size file.

Why not point to the internet to down load the files