Old 05-13-2008, 09:51 AM
Bernd Kloss

Default no recording with mic and audacity

Etch
Terratec-Soundcard
KDE

Hello,

I have no clue where in Debian my problem is. Trying to do some recording with
microphone, I can hear the input via speakers, but audacity or KRec won't
record.
In KMix there are the green and red button activated for MIC:
device * Sound Fusion CS46xx

In kcontrol the soundsystem is activated:
Possible settings HARDWARE:
Audio-Hardware: ALSA or automatic
MIDI: Sound Fusion CS46xx *or MIDI THROUGH MIDI THROUGH PORT 0

I can hear the microphone-signal over the speakers

Audacity: recording-device: /dev/dsp

Trying to record there is no reaction on the levels of Audacity or KRec

What to do?

Thanks for help

Bernd