Old 05-12-2008, 01:18 AM
Alexandru Cardaniuc

Default xkb problem after the last lenny update

Hi All!

After the last lenny update, everytime I restart end enter gnome a
window pops up:

Error activating XKB configuration.

It can happen under various circumstances:

- a bug in libxklavier library

- a bug in X server (xkbcomp, xmodmap utilities)

- X server with incompatible libxkbfile implementation

X server version data:
The X.Org Foundation
10400090

If you report this situation as a bug, please include:

- The result of xprop -root | grep XKB

- The result of gconftool-2 -R /desktop/gnome/peripherals/keyboard/kbd

Is that a known bug? How do I get rid of this message?

--
"Great things can be reduced to small things, and small things can be
reduced to nothing."