FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor

Go Back   Linux Archive > Debian > Debian User

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 05-11-2008, 07:15 PM
Kum Gabor
 
Default Realtek ALC662 microphone on Etch?

Hi All!

I've got an Asus M2N-MX motherboard, and sound works well with 2.8.22 kernel
from backports. Only I've got one problem: microphone doesn't want to work
for me.
If my information is good, ASUS EEPC has similar sound chip too. Does anybody
use this with Etch?

Regards,

--
Kum Gabor
www.kumgabor.hu


--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
 
Old 05-12-2008, 03:45 AM
Kevin Mark
 
Default Realtek ALC662 microphone on Etch?

On Sun, May 11, 2008 at 09:15:06PM +0200, Kum Gabor wrote:
> Hi All!
>
> I've got an Asus M2N-MX motherboard, and sound works well with 2.8.22 kernel
> from backports. Only I've got one problem: microphone doesn't want to work
> for me.
> If my information is good, ASUS EEPC has similar sound chip too. Does anybody
> use this with Etch?
>
> Regards,
If it uses the same card, you can read what is on wiki.debian.org.
search for 'eeepc' and you should find the Debian EEEPC pages.
-K
--
| .'`. == Debian GNU/Linux == | my web site: |
| : :' : The Universal |mysite.verizon.net/kevin.mark/|
| `. `' Operating System | go to counter.li.org and |
| `- http://www.debian.org/ | be counted! #238656 |
| my keyserver: subkeys.pgp.net | my NPO: cfsg.org |
|join the new debian-community.org to help Debian! |
|_______ Unless I ask to be CCd, assume I am subscribed _______|


--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
 
Old 05-12-2008, 06:42 PM
Kum Gabor
 
Default Realtek ALC662 microphone on Etch?

On Monday 12 May 2008 05:45, Kevin Mark wrote:
> On Sun, May 11, 2008 at 09:15:06PM +0200, Kum Gabor wrote:
> > Hi All!
> >
> > I've got an Asus M2N-MX motherboard, and sound works well with 2.8.22
> > kernel from backports. Only I've got one problem: microphone doesn't want
> > to work for me.
> > If my information is good, ASUS EEPC has similar sound chip too. Does
> > anybody use this with Etch?
> >
> > Regards,
>
> If it uses the same card, you can read what is on wiki.debian.org.
> search for 'eeepc' and you should find the Debian EEEPC pages.

We tried, doesn't work. In the new Kubuntu works for him. It can be mabye
because of the new kernel? Or where should I search?

--
Kum Gabor
www.kumgabor.hu


--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
 
Old 05-12-2008, 06:55 PM
"Maciej Rutecki"
 
Default Realtek ALC662 microphone on Etch?

Did You try model=3stack-dig option or similar? E.g.:

modprobe snd-hda-intel model=3dstack-dig


--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
 
Old 05-16-2008, 03:20 PM
Kum Gabor
 
Default Realtek ALC662 microphone on Etch?

On Monday 12 May 2008 20:55, Maciej Rutecki wrote:
> Did You try model=3stack-dig option or similar? E.g.:
>
> modprobe snd-hda-intel model=3dstack-dig

How should i know, that which is my model, or what to write in model?

--
Kum Gabor
www.kumgabor.hu


--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
 
Old 05-16-2008, 07:45 PM
Florian Kulzer
 
Default Realtek ALC662 microphone on Etch?

On Fri, May 16, 2008 at 17:20:23 +0200, Kum Gabor wrote:
> On Monday 12 May 2008 20:55, Maciej Rutecki wrote:
> > Did You try model=3stack-dig option or similar? E.g.:
> >
> > modprobe snd-hda-intel model=3dstack-dig
>
> How should i know, that which is my model, or what to write in model?

These are the models for the ALC662 (kernel 2.6.25, ALSA v1.0.16rc2):

model | description
---------------------------------------------------
3stack-dig | 3-stack (2-channel) with SPDIF
3stack-6ch | 3-stack (6-channel)
3stack-6ch-dig | 3-stack (6-channel) with SPDIF
6stack-dig | 6-stack with SPDIF
lenovo-101e | Lenovo laptop
eeepc-p701 | ASUS Eeepc P701
eeepc-ep20 | ASUS Eeepc EP20
auto | auto-config reading BIOS (default)

(from Documentation/sound/alsa/ALSA-Configuration.txt, which is part of
the kernel documentation)

--
Regards, | http://users.icfo.es/Florian.Kulzer
Florian |


--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
 
Old 05-16-2008, 09:14 PM
Kum Gabor
 
Default Realtek ALC662 microphone on Etch?

On Friday 16 May 2008 21:45, Florian Kulzer wrote:
> On Fri, May 16, 2008 at 17:20:23 +0200, Kum Gabor wrote:
> > On Monday 12 May 2008 20:55, Maciej Rutecki wrote:
> > > Did You try model=3stack-dig option or similar? E.g.:
> > >
> > > modprobe snd-hda-intel model=3dstack-dig
> >
> > How should i know, that which is my model, or what to write in model?
>
> These are the models for the ALC662 (kernel 2.6.25, ALSA v1.0.16rc2):
>
> model | description
> ---------------------------------------------------
> 3stack-dig | 3-stack (2-channel) with SPDIF
> 3stack-6ch | 3-stack (6-channel)
> 3stack-6ch-dig | 3-stack (6-channel) with SPDIF
> 6stack-dig | 6-stack with SPDIF
> lenovo-101e | Lenovo laptop
> eeepc-p701 | ASUS Eeepc P701
> eeepc-ep20 | ASUS Eeepc EP20
> auto | auto-config reading BIOS (default)

And can see for example in Ubuntu, that which model it uses?
After I hope I can use in Etch.

--
Kum Gabor
www.kumgabor.hu


--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
 
Old 05-17-2008, 09:03 PM
Florian Kulzer
 
Default Realtek ALC662 microphone on Etch?

On Fri, May 16, 2008 at 23:14:59 +0200, Kum Gabor wrote:
> On Friday 16 May 2008 21:45, Florian Kulzer wrote:
> > On Fri, May 16, 2008 at 17:20:23 +0200, Kum Gabor wrote:
> > > On Monday 12 May 2008 20:55, Maciej Rutecki wrote:
> > > > Did You try model=3stack-dig option or similar? E.g.:
> > > >
> > > > modprobe snd-hda-intel model=3dstack-dig
> > >
> > > How should i know, that which is my model, or what to write in model?
> >
> > These are the models for the ALC662 (kernel 2.6.25, ALSA v1.0.16rc2):
> >
> > model | description
> > ---------------------------------------------------
> > 3stack-dig | 3-stack (2-channel) with SPDIF
> > 3stack-6ch | 3-stack (6-channel)
> > 3stack-6ch-dig | 3-stack (6-channel) with SPDIF
> > 6stack-dig | 6-stack with SPDIF
> > lenovo-101e | Lenovo laptop
> > eeepc-p701 | ASUS Eeepc P701
> > eeepc-ep20 | ASUS Eeepc EP20
> > auto | auto-config reading BIOS (default)
>
> And can see for example in Ubuntu, that which model it uses?

Try this command:

cat /sys/module/snd_hda_intel/parameters/model

> After I hope I can use in Etch.

Keep in mind that the difference might simply be due to a newer kernel
and/or ALSA version on the Ubuntu system. In that case you might want to
try one of the newer kernels available for Etch at backports.org.

--
Regards, | http://users.icfo.es/Florian.Kulzer
Florian |


--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
 
Old 05-19-2008, 11:22 AM
Kum Gabor
 
Default Realtek ALC662 microphone on Etch?

On Saturday 17 May 2008 23:03, Florian Kulzer wrote:
> On Fri, May 16, 2008 at 23:14:59 +0200, Kum Gabor wrote:
> > On Friday 16 May 2008 21:45, Florian Kulzer wrote:
> > > On Fri, May 16, 2008 at 17:20:23 +0200, Kum Gabor wrote:
> > > > On Monday 12 May 2008 20:55, Maciej Rutecki wrote:
> > > > > Did You try model=3stack-dig option or similar? E.g.:
> > > > >
> > > > > modprobe snd-hda-intel model=3dstack-dig
> > > >
> > > > How should i know, that which is my model, or what to write in model?
> > >
> > > These are the models for the ALC662 (kernel 2.6.25, ALSA v1.0.16rc2):
> > >
> > > model | description
> > > ---------------------------------------------------
> > > 3stack-dig | 3-stack (2-channel) with SPDIF
> > > 3stack-6ch | 3-stack (6-channel)
> > > 3stack-6ch-dig | 3-stack (6-channel) with SPDIF
> > > 6stack-dig | 6-stack with SPDIF
> > > lenovo-101e | Lenovo laptop
> > > eeepc-p701 | ASUS Eeepc P701
> > > eeepc-ep20 | ASUS Eeepc EP20
> > > auto | auto-config reading BIOS (default)
> >
> > And can see for example in Ubuntu, that which model it uses?
>
> Try this command:
>
> cat /sys/module/snd_hda_intel/parameters/model
>
> > After I hope I can use in Etch.
>
> Keep in mind that the difference might simply be due to a newer kernel
> and/or ALSA version on the Ubuntu system. In that case you might want to
> try one of the newer kernels available for Etch at backports.org.

Thank you.
I have kernel from backports.

--
Kum Gabor
www.kumgabor.hu


--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 09:43 PM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org