-   -   cropped fonts (http://www.linux-archive.org/debian-user/86066-cropped-fonts.html)

Micha 05-11-2008 03:31 PM

cropped fonts

I have an issue with my friends laptop that I'm trying to set up with debian
(unstable). For some reason the fonts are cropped from the top. I tried
removing font hinting and it greatly improved things but hasn't solved it
completely. Changing dpi doesn't seem to help (at most it changes which letters
are cropped). removing antialiasing for fonts does solve the problem but they
look terrible.

The machine is a dell vosotro 1400 with intel graphics gm965 with the intel
driver on a 14.1 inch screen and 1280x800 resolution.

thanks

Ron Johnson 05-11-2008 09:50 PM

cropped fonts

Micha 05-12-2008 10:38 AM