Old 05-10-2008, 07:50 PM
"Digby Tarvin"

Default problem with fonts in bitchx?

I have just performed an 'apt-get install bitchx' on a debian x86 Etch
system, but there seems to be a problem with with the package configuration.

The install finishes with a warning:
Warning: /usr/lib/X11/fonts/misc does not exist..

This is understandable, as it seems that the installation should have
been looking for the fonts in /usr/share/fonts/X11/misc

Running the application produces warning such as:
bitchx: unable to open font "default8x16", trying "fixed"....
Warning: Cannot convert string "default8x16" to type FontStruct
Warning: Missing charsets in String to FontSet conversion

so it does seem that it is looking in the wrong place for fonts

Does this indicate an error in the package?

Regards,
DigbyT

Old 05-10-2008, 10:00 PM
Andrei Popescu

On Sat, May 10, 2008 at 07:50:41PM +0000, Digby Tarvin wrote:
> I have just performed an 'apt-get install bitchx' on a debian x86 Etch
> system, but there seems to be a problem with with the package configuration.
>
> The install finishes with a warning:
> Warning: /usr/lib/X11/fonts/misc does not exist..
>
> This is understandable, as it seems that the installation should have
> been looking for the fonts in /usr/share/fonts/X11/misc
>
> Running the application produces warning such as:
> bitchx: unable to open font "default8x16", trying "fixed"....
> Warning: Cannot convert string "default8x16" to type FontStruct
> Warning: Missing charsets in String to FontSet conversion
>
> so it does seem that it is looking in the wrong place for fonts
>
> Does this indicate an error in the package?

Sounds like http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=362325
though it should have been fixed :/

Regards,
Andrei