Old 05-10-2008, 06:11 PM
mond

Default gst-launch-0.10 can not play dts wav

Hi, I have some dts wav files. I try to play them with rhythmbox or
some other player. But none of them can play it properly.

I have gstreamer0.10-plugins-bad/good/ugly/ffmpeg installed. But, gst-
launch-0.10 playbin uri="file:///home/mond/sample.wav" only gives
noise.

So, it seems that gstreamer does not decode dts. But, it should
support dts decoding according some other source.

Now, what should I do to make it work?

Thanks

Mond

Old 05-11-2008, 10:36 AM
Florian Kulzer

On Sat, May 10, 2008 at 11:11:49 -0700, mond wrote:
> Hi, I have some dts wav files. I try to play them with rhythmbox or
> some other player. But none of them can play it properly.
>
> I have gstreamer0.10-plugins-bad/good/ugly/ffmpeg installed. But, gst-
> launch-0.10 playbin uri="file:///home/mond/sample.wav" only gives
> noise.
>
> So, it seems that gstreamer does not decode dts. But, it should
> support dts decoding according some other source.
>
> Now, what should I do to make it work?

Have you tried "gstreamer0.10-plugins-really-bad" or "ogmrip"? (Both
these packages are available for Sid from debian-multimedia.)

Florian |

Old 05-11-2008, 04:07 PM
mond

On May 11, 6:00 am, Florian Kulzer <florian.kulzer+deb...@icfo.es>
wrote:
> On Sat, May 10, 2008 at 11:11:49 -0700, mond wrote:
> > Hi, I have some dts wav files. I try to play them with rhythmbox or
> > some other player. But none of them can play it properly.
>
> > I have gstreamer0.10-plugins-bad/good/ugly/ffmpeg installed. But, gst-
> > launch-0.10 playbin uri="file:///home/mond/sample.wav" only gives
> > noise.
>
> > So, it seems that gstreamer does not decode dts. But, it should
> > support dts decoding according some other source.
>
> > Now, what should I do to make it work?
>
> Have you tried "gstreamer0.10-plugins-really-bad" or "ogmrip"? (Both
> these packages are available for Sid from debian-multimedia.)
>
> --
> Regards, |http://users.icfo.es/Florian.Kulzer
> Florian |

Yes. Actually, I installed really-bad and full-ffmpeg. But no lucky.
Mplayer can play dts wav properly with libdca. I just want gstreamer
to do the same thing, so banshee can play the music.