Old 05-10-2008, 02:28 PM
sadsjon

Default Proftpd and Debian

Thanks for replying Sven,

> Hum which change do you refer to?

mlsd/mlst which affects timestamps that clients get - used for
synchronising folders ...

> Add a deb-src line to your sources.list for your favourite mirror and
> apt-get source proftpd

won't that get the latest release that is being worked on by Debian
developers - it won't get me the source for rc1 yet will it?

jON

Old 05-10-2008, 04:16 PM
Steve Kemp

On Sat May 10, 2008 at 07:28:23 -0700, sadsjon wrote:

> > Add a deb-src line to your sources.list for your favourite mirror and
> > apt-get source proftpd
>
> won't that get the latest release that is being worked on by Debian
> developers - it won't get me the source for rc1 yet will it?

Yes, but if you're lucky you could just move the debian/ subdirectory
into your new sources and rebuild with "debuild -sa".

If not the file debian/rules will show you the arguments passed to
configure which you were asking about ..

Alternatively pay somebody nice to package it for you

Steve
--
Debian GNU/Linux System Administration
http://www.debian-administration.org/

Old 05-10-2008, 04:32 PM
Sven Hoexter

On Sat, May 10, 2008 at 07:28:23AM -0700, sadsjon wrote:

Hi,

> > Add a deb-src line to your sources.list for your favourite mirror and
> > apt-get source proftpd
>
> won't that get the latest release that is being worked on by Debian
> developers - it won't get me the source for rc1 yet will it?

Well Francesco doesn't advertise a VCS within the package so that's the
only thing you can grab ATM. You maybe would like to join #proftpd on
freenode and ask him yourself (User frankie) or write him a mail.

Cheers,
Sven

Old 05-11-2008, 09:09 AM
sadsjon

> * Alternatively pay somebody nice to package it for you

I'm keen to get my hand dirty (ish) Steve, so I will give it a go.

Its the debian/rules info I was after I think.

cheers,

jON

Old 05-11-2008, 09:12 AM
sadsjon

> Well Francesco doesn't advertise a VCS within the package so that's the
> only thing you can grab ATM. You maybe would like to join #proftpd on
> freenode and ask him yourself (User frankie) or write him a mail.

sorry Sven, I am not sure which of these is abbreviation for a
sentence or has another meaning. Can you just clarify what VCS and ATM
are, I can probably google and find freenode - something else I have
not heard of.

However, I have always tried to avoid contacting developers directly
as they must get bombarded and as a developer myself, I know what that
must be like.

jON

Old 05-11-2008, 10:08 AM
"Sven Hoexter"

On Sun, May 11, 2008 at 02:12:22AM -0700, sadsjon wrote:

> > Well Francesco doesn't advertise a VCS within the package so that's the
> > only thing you can grab ATM. You maybe would like to join #proftpd on
> > freenode and ask him yourself (User frankie) or write him a mail.
>
> sorry Sven, I am not sure which of these is abbreviation for a
> sentence or has another meaning. Can you just clarify what VCS and ATM
> are, I can probably google and find freenode - something else I have
> not heard of.

ATM = At The Moment
VCS = Version Control System (e.g. CVS, SVN, GIT ...)
freenode = http://freenode.net/

> However, I have always tried to avoid contacting developers directly
> as they must get bombarded and as a developer myself, I know what that
> must be like.

Asking a question on IRC[1] or writing a short mail is nothing bad
as long as you keep it short and don't ask the same question every day.

Cheers,
Sven

[1] Internet Relay Chat, that's what the freenode stuff is about.
--
If God passed a mic to me to speak
I'd say stay in bed, world

Old 05-12-2008, 11:43 AM
sadsjon

I managed to cobble something together.

I used the lenny unstable build for my source "rules"

I needed to add "--enable-openssl" to cure the build "sanity" over
OPENSSL_cleanse.

Then I did

debian/rules clean

Which failed miserably.

Then

debian/rules build

this passed fine.

make was fine.

"make build" however was trying to move over mod_wrap2 to the DSO
library but it had not compiled. So I fudged it with a build from the
generic "Lenny unstable" as I don't need these libraries anyway.

Thats now good for my production server (only kidding - its for in
house use)

Thanks for everones help here, at least I have something that I can
use.

jON