Old 05-10-2008, 01:23 PM
sadsjon

Default Proftpd and Debian

Hi all,

I urgently need to use the very latest Proftpd to support some of my
customers using passive FTP on Windows.

This is the rc1 release. Even Debian unstable isn't up to this
version.

I have downloaded source and managed to compile and get the paths to
various things set so that a make works.

However, I suspect that it is not only paths that need changing ..

Comparing a Debian build to the rc1 build, I get a whole load of
modules in the modules subdirectory. Debian has many more and also has
a number of different files (.o, .so, .a, .c) that the rc1 doesn't
build into the modules directory.

Is there some way that I can work out from the Debian build (that I
managed to build from source) what specific make options are required
for Debian?

I can't apply the previous version diff to this rc1 build I
presume ...
so I need to know how to run configure (i.e. what options are needed)
and how to make the modules directories compare favourably after
build.

Any help, much appreciate.

Thanks all,

jON

Old 05-10-2008, 01:59 PM
Sven Hoexter

On Sat, May 10, 2008 at 06:23:20AM -0700, sadsjon wrote:

Hi,

> I urgently need to use the very latest Proftpd to support some of my
> customers using passive FTP on Windows.

Hum which change do you refer to?

> This is the rc1 release. Even Debian unstable isn't up to this
> version.

Well it's a release candidate not a final release so I'd consider that
as more or less normal.

> Is there some way that I can work out from the Debian build (that I
> managed to build from source) what specific make options are required
> for Debian?

Add a deb-src line to your sources.list for your favourite mirror and
apt-get source proftpd

Now you've the source of the Debian package. Reading new-maint guide
would be a good place to start and the rest of the information is in
the debian/rules file.

Sven