Old 05-10-2008, 09:22 AM
Barry Samuels

Default I've lost my keyboard repeat.

Since upgrading my Debian Testing system yesterday the keys on my
keyboard no longer repeat when held down. I suspect the xserver-xorg
packages as this problem occurs in any X application but the keys still
repeat normally when in an ordinary text console.

I have just noticed another strange keyboard problem. The 'm' key
produces a character only on every other keypress i.e. I have to press
the 'm' key twice to get one character. All other letter keys are
working normally.

Anyone else experience this?

--
Barry Samuels
http://www.beenthere-donethat.org.uk

Old 05-10-2008, 10:14 AM
"thveillon.debian"

Barry Samuels a écrit :
Since upgrading my Debian Testing system yesterday the keys on my
keyboard no longer repeat when held down. I suspect the xserver-xorg
packages as this problem occurs in any X application but the keys still
repeat normally when in an ordinary text console.

I have just noticed another strange keyboard problem. The 'm' key
produces a character only on every other keypress i.e. I have to press
the 'm' key twice to get one character. All other letter keys are
working normally.

Anyone else experience this?

I don't experience the same problems, but I too have strange behaviors
with my input device since xorh upgrade. The numpad lock isn't working
properly, I have to press it three times to get it really lock the
numpad on. I changed my xorg.conf from :

Option "XkbRules" "xfree86" (that was generated by kde control
center)

to :

Option "XkbRules" "xorg"

and it solved the numpad problem, it no some of my multimedia keys don't
work anymore and the numpad led is turning of randomly... My keyboard is
microsoft, maybe that's why... ;-)
I also had to scratch my head to get evdev working properly with my
mouse, and I still have lost the use of it in my virtual machines and
any openGL drawn windows...

So fuzzy release maybe ? Try changing your xorg.conf settings, or
generating one from scratch with

dpkg-reconfigure -phigh xserver-xorg

to use as a safe base.