Old 05-10-2008, 01:09 AM
Arthur Marsh

Default problems compiling recent kernels from kernel-archive.buildserver.net

Hi I recently reported bug #480436 against kernel-package as I've had
trouble compiling recent kernels (2.6.25-2) from
kernel-archive.buildserver.net on Debian unstable on a Pentium II. The
last successful build I had was on 5 May from source
2.6.25-2~snapshot.11251.

I tried downgrading perl and its associated packages from 5.10 to 5.8 in
case that was the problem, but the same error happened:

time make-kpkg --initrd linux-image
exec debian/rules DEBIAN_REVISION=2.6.25-10.00.Custom INITRD=YES
linux-image
/bin/sh: line 0: [: -ge: unary operator expected
/bin/sh: line 0: [: -ge: unary operator expected
/bin/sh: line 0: [: -ge: unary operator expected
/bin/sh: line 0: [: -lt: unary operator expected
/bin/sh: line 0: [: -eq: unary operator expected
/bin/sh: line 0: [: -eq: unary operator expected
/bin/sh: line 0: [: -eq: unary operator expected
/bin/sh: line 0: [: -lt: unary operator expected
/bin/sh: line 0: [: -eq: unary operator expected
/bin/sh: line 0: [: -eq: unary operator expected
/bin/sh: line 0: [: -gt: unary operator expected
/bin/sh: line 0: [: -ge: unary operator expected
/bin/sh: line 0: [: -gt: unary operator expected
/bin/sh: line 0: [: -ge: unary operator expected
/bin/sh: line 0: [: -ge: unary operator expected

====== making target CONFIG-common [new prereqs: testdir]======

Has anyone else encountered this problem and knows what the underlying
cause is?

Old 05-11-2008, 12:32 PM
Arthur Marsh