Old 05-09-2008, 08:32 PM
"Patrick Wiseman"

Default Why no libapache2-mod-auth-mysql in etch?

I'm setting up a server which has to be able to communicate with other servers in our network.* In particular, it has to authenticate http users against a MySql database.* But the auth_mysql module, while available in sarge, lenny, and sid, is not available in etch (and, this being a production server, I want it 'stable').* Is there a solution?

Thanks
Patrick

Old 05-09-2008, 09:48 PM
NN_il_Confusionario

> * From: "Patrick Wiseman" <pwiseman@gmail.com>
> the auth_mysql module, while available in sarge, lenny, and sid, is not available in etch
> (and, this being a production server, I want it 'stable'). Is there a solution?

I have _not_ tried this, but etch has both libapache2-mod-auth-pam and
libpam-mysql which, when used together, should give this functionality.

Old 05-10-2008, 04:31 PM
"Patrick Wiseman"

On Fri, May 9, 2008 at 5:48 PM, NN_il_Confusionario <pinkof.pallus@tiscalinet.it> wrote:

> * * * From: "Patrick Wiseman" <pwiseman@gmail.com>

> the auth_mysql module, while available in sarge, lenny, and sid, is not available in etch

> (and, this being a production server, I want it 'stable'). *Is there a solution?

I have _not_ tried this, but etch has both libapache2-mod-auth-pam and

libpam-mysql which, when used together, should give this functionality.
I looked into that, and, while it may provide the same functionality with a lot of tweaking of my config and htaccess files, I decided to try compiling* the auth_mysql module.* Following the instructions to do that at http://dev.e-taxonomy.eu/trac/wiki/ApacheMySQLAuthentication I was able to get it (sort of) running.* I also had to follow the advice at http://www.pitr.net/index.php/2007/08/08/internal-error-pcfg_openfile-called-with-null-filename/ because, on first try, I was getting the error that provides a fix for.* The (sort of) remains, though, because I get an access denied error from the MySQL server, but I'm pretty sure that's a local problem which I'm going to have to get someone else to help me fix.* But I'm happy, at least, to have auth_mysql functioning on an etch system.* (I was a bit amazed to find that it had been orphaned!)

Patrick