Old 05-09-2008, 04:39 PM
"H.S."

Default selected pages printing from gv gives random output on laserprinter

Hello,

This is an odd problem I have just noticed. On a Brother HL-2070N Laser
Printer if I print a few pages from gv by selecting them, that goes
okay. However, if then deselect those pages and select another set and
print them, thing go wrong and the output is odd characters here and
there on the printouts.

If I print the whole document in one go, the printout is okay.

Finally, the problem does not occur when printing from acrobat reader
(either the whole document or selects sets of pages one after the other).

Any suggestions how to track down what is causing the problem? This is
on Debian Lenny. The printer is being used via the Brother HL-2060
Foomatic/hl1250 (recommended) driver.

thanks,
->HS