Old 05-09-2008, 01:51 PM
Doug Mitton

Default Debian-User To UseNet Reliability?

Hi all;

I have been following Debian User for a long time now, via the UseNet
group. Lately I have replied to an issue or 2 (via the mailing list) but
not all responses seem to make it to the UseNet.

Are there any others who access it this way and have you noticed missing
posts ... or is this possibly a problem with my usenet server?

TIA!

(This is such a high volume mailing list that the UseNet access is a nice
alternative to a full mailbox all the time.)

Old 05-09-2008, 02:40 PM
Kamaraju S Kusumanchi

Doug Mitton wrote:

> Hi all;
>
> I have been following Debian User for a long time now, via the UseNet
> group. Lately I have replied to an issue or 2 (via the mailing list) but
> not all responses seem to make it to the UseNet.
>
> Are there any others who access it this way and have you noticed missing
> posts ... or is this possibly a problem with my usenet server?

Long time back, I had similar problems with usenet. Now a days, I am using
gmane news server. It works without any problems whatsoever.

> (This is such a high volume mailing list that the UseNet access is a nice
> alternative to a full mailbox all the time.)

I completely agree. Now a days, for all the public mailing lists, I use
gmane. I use my email account only for personal mail. Makes it much easier
to organize ones time and disk space.

hth
raju
--