Old 05-09-2008, 10:30 AM
rihab84

Default users manager

Hello everyone,

Here is my problem.

I installed my server debian for a distribution network windows and I find not a good explanation for the management of accounts utilistauers on the windows.

how to create accounts to connect as for windows server (I believe that the active directory).

Please help me.

Sent from the Debian User mailing list archive at Nabble.com.

Old 05-09-2008, 01:25 PM
"Douglas A. Tutty"

On Fri, May 09, 2008 at 03:30:32AM -0700, rihab84 wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> Here is my problem.
>
> I installed my server debian for a distribution network windows and I find
> not a good explanation for the management of accounts utilistauers on the
> windows.
>
> how to create accounts to connect as for windows server (I believe that the
> active directory).
>
> Please help me.

I didn't know windows could have users.

I thought a windows server was the person hired to stand infront of the
box and hit reset on a regular basis.

Obviously I'm not understanding the question. You should not assume
that we know any more about windows than you do about debian. Some of
us do, some of us don't.

If the question is how to create debian users, its pretty standard unix.
use adduser or useradd according to your taste. Install the
debian-reference and read that document.

Doug.

Old 05-09-2008, 02:14 PM
NN_il_Confusionario

> * From: rihab84 <benmalek.rihab@gmail.com>
> how to create accounts to connect as for windows server (I
> believe that the active directory).

As it has already been said, your question is not copletely clear.

If you want that your debian machine be part of a windows active
directory domain, read samba documantation (go to /usr/share/doc/samba*
afrer a apt-get install samba-doc). You might also do a google search
for samba active directory.

After having read the documentation, with "apt-cache search samba" you
can see all debian packages related to samba. One example:

$ apt-cache search samba pam
lg-issue105 - Issue 105 of the Linux Gazette.
ldapscripts - Add and remove user and groups (stored in a ldap directory)
libpam-smbpass - pluggable authentication module for SMB/CIFS password database
samba - a LanManager-like file and printer server for Unix
libpam-mount - PAM module that can mount volumes for a user session

so you might want to configure pam (which is used in most cases to
authenticate users in GNU/linux) to use a SMB/CIFS or a ldap server.

Old 05-09-2008, 02:32 PM
rihab84

i mean that i've juste installed debian to make it like a server of administrations but only the server in a linux but the other pc have like OS XP Pro so my question is to create the accounts for users of thes PC