Old 05-09-2008, 08:19 AM
Jabka Atu

Default How to add an entry to Module-assitant ?

Old 05-09-2008, 09:40 AM
Tobias Nissen

Jabka Atu wrote:
> I would like to add acerhk-source to module-assitant menu.
> the question how can it be done.

I didn't manage to do that either. Nevertheless you can still build
the package with module-assistant.

I don't know about Etch, but on Lenny a simple

m-a get acerhk && m-a build acerhk

did the trick.

Old 05-09-2008, 12:40 PM
Jabka Atu

Old 05-10-2008, 03:56 PM
Tzafrir Cohen

On Fri, May 09, 2008 at 11:19:40AM +0300, Jabka Atu wrote:

> Hello ,...
>
> I would like to add acerhk-source to module-assitant menu.
> the question how can it be done.
>
> I looked in debian policy but didn't found an entry there.

Generally install the -source deb. It will do that for you.

I personally dislike m-a's interface and prefer sticking with the
command-line interface: m-a -t (and also -i , to make it behave more
like a command-line program).

m-a build does not require root (if you use '-u .').

Anyway, what you seem to be missing is a little file in
/usr/share/moddass/packages . Just use the generic stanza:

ln -s generic.sh /usr/share/modass/packages/PACKAGENAME

Originally it was intended to contain some logic, but later on it turned
out that there was mostly no need for that logic.

It would still look for the source tarball under
/usr/src/PACKAGENAME.tar.bz2 (and some other names) unless you set
TARBALL in the environment (IIRC. Try working this out from the m-a
script)

http://tzafrir.org.il | | a Mutt's
tzafrir@cohens.org.il | | best
ICQ# 16849754 | | friend