Old 05-09-2008, 01:04 AM
Oscar Corte

Default Newbie Basic Networking. Using Hostnames

I recently installed Debian at two home PC’s. Both are connected to an ADSL modem through which Internet is accessed.

*

All network configurations were made by Debian at installation time. I’m able to ping each machine from each other but by its IP address. However, I don't get any results if I ping by the use of host names.

*

What am I missing?

*

*

Thanks in adbvance an regards

Connect to the next generation of MSN Messenger* Get it now!