Old 05-08-2008, 02:52 PM
"Josep M."

Default Spamassassin don' t find perl

Hello.

I have installed spamassassin from www.backports.org and runs well, but
when I want stop this gives me a message error that perl is not found.

I have all ok in my system, and perl is in the right place, what can I
do here?

Here is all details

debianet:/etc/postfix/system/backup# /etc/init.d/spamassassin stop
Stopping SpamAssassin Mail Filter Daemon: No /usr/bin/perl found
running; none killed.
spamd.

debianet:/etc/postfix/system/backup# ps ax |grep spamd
5071 ? Ss 0:01 /usr/sbin/spamd --create-prefs --max-children
2 --username spamd --helper-home-dir -s spamd.log -d --pidfile=spamd.pid
5166 ? S 0:00 spamd child
5167 ? S 0:00 spamd child
27955 pts/1 R+ 0:00 grep spamd

debianet:/etc/postfix/system/backup# apt-show-versions spamassassin
spamassassin/etch uptodate 3.2.4-1~bpo40+1

debianet:/etc/postfix/system/backup# apt-show-versions spamc
spamc/etch uptodate 3.2.4-1~bpo40+1

debianet:/etc/postfix/system/backup# apt-show-versions perl
perl/etch uptodate 5.8.8-7etch3

debianet:/etc/postfix/system/backup# ls /usr/bin/perl*
/usr/bin/perl /usr/bin/perlbug /usr/bin/perldoc /usr/bin/perlivp
/usr/bin/perl5.8.8 /usr/bin/perlcc /usr/bin/perldoc.stub

Thanks
Josep

Old 05-09-2008, 06:34 PM
Florian Kulzer

On Thu, May 08, 2008 at 16:52:17 +0200, Josep M. wrote:
> Hello.
>
> I have installed spamassassin from www.backports.org and runs well, but
> when I want stop this gives me a message error that perl is not found.
>
> I have all ok in my system, and perl is in the right place, what can I
> do here?
>
> Here is all details
>
> debianet:/etc/postfix/system/backup# /etc/init.d/spamassassin stop
> Stopping SpamAssassin Mail Filter Daemon: No /usr/bin/perl found
> running; none killed.
> spamd.

The backported version of spamassassin uses /etc/init.d/spamassassin as
it is found in the unstable version. That does not seem to work with the
version of the start-stop-daemon command that is in stable. (It probably
has something to do with the --exec option; I have not looked at the
details.)

> debianet:/etc/postfix/system/backup# ps ax |grep spamd
> 5071 ? Ss 0:01 /usr/sbin/spamd --create-prefs --max-children
> 2 --username spamd --helper-home-dir -s spamd.log -d --pidfile=spamd.pid
> 5166 ? S 0:00 spamd child
> 5167 ? S 0:00 spamd child
> 27955 pts/1 R+ 0:00 grep spamd
>

> debianet:/etc/postfix/system/backup# apt-show-versions spamassassin
> spamassassin/etch uptodate 3.2.4-1~bpo40+1
>
> debianet:/etc/postfix/system/backup# apt-show-versions spamc
> spamc/etch uptodate 3.2.4-1~bpo40+1
>
> debianet:/etc/postfix/system/backup# apt-show-versions perl
> perl/etch uptodate 5.8.8-7etch3
>
> debianet:/etc/postfix/system/backup# ls /usr/bin/perl*
> /usr/bin/perl /usr/bin/perlbug /usr/bin/perldoc /usr/bin/perlivp
> /usr/bin/perl5.8.8 /usr/bin/perlcc /usr/bin/perldoc.stub

I think it might work to use the old initscript from the stable package
with the rest of the backported newer version. If the stable .deb
file is still in your package cache then you can do this:

dpkg-deb -X /var/cache/apt/archives/spamassassin_3.1.7-2_all.deb /tmp
mv /etc/init.d/spamassassin /etc/init.d/spamassassin.bpo
cp /tmp/etc/init.d/spamassassin /etc/init.d/

If you do not have the spamassassin_3.1.7-2_all.deb anymore than you can
download it again with

aptitude download spamassassin/stable

and then proceed as above. (The package will be downloaded to the
current directory instead of /var/cache/apt/archives/.)

I don't run stable, so obviously I cannot try this myself and therefore
I cannot guarantee anything. Please read the relevant manpages and check
if you agree with what the above commands are meant to do.

Florian |