Old 05-08-2008, 06:57 PM
"H.S."

Default How do I change cursor/mouse pointer?

Dennis G. Wicks wrote:

Then aptitude install big-cursor

Nothing changed so I went searching through Gnome menus for anything to
do with mouse or cursor and found nothing that would give me any choices
to change cursors or mouse pointers.

Then per per other response from Manu:

update-alternatives --config x-cursor-theme

Chose a couple different ones and again nothing changed. Again I could
find nothing in Gnome that allowed me to change cursors or mouse pointers.

Is there something else I need to do?

Thanks!
Dennis

hmm .. I haven't tried it, but after installing these large cursor
themes, did you try to poke around appearance related preferences of
your desktop env. and try to find if you need to actually change the
theme of the cursor as an option? Could be worth looking. I say this
because I have in the past installed different mouse cursor themes and I
needed to change those myself for the change to take effect (just like
one changes desktop fonts, window decorations, etc.).

And, not sure about this, you may need to relogin into your desktop for
changes to take effect.

->HS

Old 05-09-2008, 01:02 AM
"Dennis G. Wicks"

NN_il_Confusionario wrote the following on 05/08/2008
10:48 AM: