Old 05-06-2008, 01:17 PM
"Jon Nicholson"

Default Xorg & Samsung SyncMaster 245B

I've just upgraded to lenny on my Dell Latitude D430, after a bit of tinkering most things are working fine. However I've still got a small problem with X. I'm using an external monitor, a Samsung SyncMaster 245B, 24" screen capable of 1920x1200 resolution.

I had this working fine under etch but with the upgrade the screen is being driven slightly wrong, the monitor reports a resolution of 1920x1203. This causes bluring and missing lines on the screen.

I've frigged with the modelines in the config, but none of the ones that I can find seem to fix the problem, could anyone point me in the right direction?

Here's the relevant section of the xorg.conf:-

Section "Monitor"
* DisplaySize* 519 322
* HorizSync*** 30-81
* Identifier** "ExternalLCD"
* ModelName*** "SyncMaster 245B"

* Option****** "DPMS"
* VendorName** "Samsung"
* VertRefresh* 60-75
* Modeline**** "1920x1200" 154.00 1920 1968 2000 2080 1200 1203 1209 1235
#* Modeline "1920x1200" 168.86 1920 1950 2592 2624 1200 1225 1235 126

* Option****** "DPI" "96x96"
EndSection

(the commented out modeline doesn't work any better)

Any help appreciated,

Old 05-08-2008, 03:45 PM
"Jon Nicholson"

I've just upgraded to lenny on my Dell Latitude D430, after a bit of tinkering most things are working fine. However I've still got a small problem with X. I'm using an external monitor, a Samsung SyncMaster 245B, 24" screen capable of 1920x1200 resolution.

I had this working fine under etch but with the upgrade the screen is being driven slightly wrong, the monitor reports a resolution of 1920x1203. This causes bluring and missing lines on the screen.

Replying to my own thread here...

Upgrading the xserver to the latest version fixed this problem (and probably introduced a raft of others)