Old 05-05-2008, 01:17 PM
ISHWAR RATTAN

Default swap partition question?

I have a 1Gb primary swap partition (/dev/sda1)
and fdisk -l shows that. But the command

# swapon /dev/sda1

says that ..:/dev/sda1: is invalid argument.
I made an entry in /etc/fstab (too):
/dev/sda1 none swap sw 0 0

but swapon -a still syays that it is invalid argument!

Any pointers?
-ishwar

Old 05-05-2008, 01:27 PM
Ron Johnson