Old 05-04-2008, 12:27 PM
Michael Madden

Default Debian 4.0 - NFS Install

Is there a way to perform a NFS install of Debian 4.o on x86 or x86_64?
From what I can tell, HTTP is the preferred network install method.
Ideally I'd like to copy my install DVDs to a NFS share and perform an
installation via NFS.

Thanks in advance.

Old 05-04-2008, 01:24 PM
Raj Kiran Grandhi

Michael Madden wrote:
Is there a way to perform a NFS install of Debian 4.o on x86 or x86_64?
From what I can tell, HTTP is the preferred network install method.
Ideally I'd like to copy my install DVDs to a NFS share and perform an
installation via NFS.

How are you planning to start the installation? Local cdrom or netboot?
Either way, just do a minimal installation.

Once you have a basic system (minimal install) up and running, you can
mount the nfs share, point apt to that share and install the rest of
your system.

--
Raj Kiran Grandhi

Old 05-04-2008, 01:44 PM
Tzafrir Cohen

On Sun, May 04, 2008 at 07:27:11AM -0500, Michael Madden wrote:
> Is there a way to perform a NFS install of Debian 4.o on x86 or x86_64?
> From what I can tell, HTTP is the preferred network install method.
> Ideally I'd like to copy my install DVDs to a NFS share and perform an
> installation via NFS.

You can use the netboox (pxelinux). You need a basic tftp/pxe setup for
that. See the installation guide.

http://tzafrir.org.il | | a Mutt's
tzafrir@cohens.org.il | | best
ICQ# 16849754 | | friend