Old 05-04-2008, 11:37 AM
Daniel Dalton

Default creating my own livecd

I need to make my own livecd for a rescue cd and a demo cd.
I am blind so want to include some accessibility: my own speakup kernel,
brltty and gnome-orca (and gnome, emacs mplayer firefox 3 and other
packages I might like like fetchmail and alpine etc.)

So what do I have to do to create my own livecd?
It should be debian based and come up talking as soon as it boots: it just
needs to boot a certain kernel...

Also it should launch a text-mode log in...
So is this possible...
Basically I just want to create my livecd and I can work on getting the
accessibnility stuff working...

So how do I do this?

Thanks,

--
Daniel Dalton

http://members.iinet.net.au/~ddalton/
<daniel.dalton@iinet.net.au>

Old 05-04-2008, 11:47 AM
Tzafrir Cohen

On Sun, May 04, 2008 at 09:37:44PM +1000, Daniel Dalton wrote:

> I need to make my own livecd for a rescue cd and a demo cd.
> I am blind so want to include some accessibility: my own speakup kernel,
> brltty and gnome-orca (and gnome, emacs mplayer firefox 3 and other
> packages I might like like fetchmail and alpine etc.)
>
> So what do I have to do to create my own livecd?
> It should be debian based and come up talking as soon as it boots: it just
> needs to boot a certain kernel...
> Also it should launch a text-mode log in...
> So is this possible...
> Basically I just want to create my livecd and I can work on getting the
> accessibnility stuff working...
>
> So how do I do this?

For starters, http://debian-live.alioth.debian.org/

The default is console that logins automatically to the user "user".
Though I modified mine to start a pdmenu-based menu in half of the
console menus instead.

Adding extra packages, changing boot parameters and such is quite easy.

http://tzafrir.org.il | | a Mutt's
tzafrir@cohens.org.il | | best
ICQ# 16849754 | | friend