Old 05-04-2008, 10:50 AM
"lovecreatesbea...@gmail.com"

Default Booting kernel 2.6.25 from Debian40r3 prompts: Waiting for root file system

On May 4, 6:40*pm, Alex Samad <a...@samad.com.au> wrote:
> On Sat, May 03, 2008 at 11:35:29PM -0700, lovecreatesbea...@gmail.com wrote:
> > Under the (initramfs) prompt, the uname -r reports 2.6.25.
> what is the output of cat */proc/partitions, can you
> see /dev/sda.
> maybe the driver for you had is not in .25

Hi, this is the result,

$ cat /proc/partitions
major minor #blocks name

8 0 8388608 sda
8 1 273073 sda1
8 2 1 sda2
8 5 3060351 sda5
8 6 1477948 sda6
8 7 273073 sda7
8 8 265041 sda8
8 9 3036253 sda9
$ ls -al /dev/sda
brw-rw---- 1 root disk 8, 0 2008-05-05 02:46 /dev/sda
$

Old 05-05-2008, 05:04 PM
"lovecreatesbea...@gmail.com"

On May 5, 5:40 am, Alex Samad <a...@samad.com.au> wrote:
> On Sun, May 04, 2008 at 03:50:28AM -0700, lovecreatesbea...@gmail.com wrote:
> > $ cat /proc/partitions
> > major minor #blocks name
> > 8 0 8388608 sda
> > 8 1 273073 sda1
> > 8 2 1 sda2
> > 8 5 3060351 sda5
> > 8 6 1477948 sda6
> > 8 7 273073 sda7
> > 8 8 265041 sda8
> > 8 9 3036253 sda9
> > $ ls -al /dev/sda
> > brw-rw---- 1 root disk 8, 0 2008-05-05 02:46 /dev/sda
> > $
> was this done whilst trying to boot 2.6.25, if so mount /dev/sda1 and
> exit out and initramfs should continue on its way

Did you mean I can run " $ mount /dev/sda1 / " if I had "sda" in the
above record? In fact the above came with the 2.6.18. Sorry that I
didn't state it clearly.

The result after I boot the new built 2.6.25 is below. How can I
correct it? Thank you.

(initramfs) cat /proc/partitions
major minor #blocks name

1 0 4096 ram0