Old 05-04-2008, 10:44 AM
Murat Ugur EMINOGLU

Default Debian etch kernel compile problem

Dear all,

i compiled kernel on debian etch (two times). But i have a same problem

No raid arrays. No Lvm

compiled 2.6.21 , 2.6.25 same problem

Begin: Assembling all Md arrays
mdadm : No array found in config file on automatically
failure : failed to assemble all arrays

Check root=bootarg cat /proc/cmdline or missing modules, devices cat
/proc/modules ls /dev/

ALERT /dev/sda1 does not exist. Dropping to on shell!

(initramfs):

what is problem ?

Thansk for your helps.
Regards.
#!/bin/bash
------------------------
Murat Ugur EMINOGLU

Old 05-04-2008, 12:31 PM
martin f krafft

also sprach Murat Ugur EMINOGLU <murat@murat.ws> [2008.05.04.1144 +0100]:
> i compiled kernel on debian etch (two times). But i have a same problem
>
> No raid arrays. No Lvm

You have not provided any details, such as the configuration and
command line used, so we can't really help you.

> ALERT /dev/sda1 does not exist. Dropping to on shell!

Seems like you forgot to include the SCSI/SATA drivers.

--
.'`. martin f. krafft <madduck@debian.org>
: :' : proud Debian developer, author, administrator, and user

"when zarathustra was alone... he said to his heart: 'could it be
possible! this old saint in the forest hath not yet heard of it, that
god is dead!'"
- friedrich nietzsche