Old 05-04-2008, 12:12 AM
Alex Samad

Default gvim question

Vim/Gvim always seem to be an eternal mystery to me

I have been using gvim for a while. I have just started to look at
vim-addons and vim-scripts, I liked the idea of the gnupg module. There
was some discussion of it before on the ml.

My problem is when i start gvim now, it starts in a weird screen
position, doesn't matter what changes I make to the window size and
position. it always reopens in the weird spot.

This wasn't the behaviour before.

I have un installed the gnupg module and still I have this strange
behaviour

I have had a look in /etc/vim/gvim

my ~/.vimrc is small

" My Setup for vim

" Turn off filetype indent
" real pain
if has("autocmd")
filetype indent off
endif

"set noautoindent
" Keep 200 lines of command line history!
set history=200
set modeline

if filereadable("/home/alex/.vim/mapings")
source /home/alex/.vim/mapings
endif

" vim-addons --system-wide install gnupg
if filereadable("/home/alex/.vim/mygpg.vim")
source /home/alex/.vim/mygpg.vim
endif

I have tried commenting out the 2 files

so where do I look next

--
"There's an old saying in Tennessee--I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee--that says, fool me once, shame on--shame on you. Fool me--you can't get fooled again."

- George W. Bush
09/17/2002
Nashville, TN
Speaking at the East Literature Magnet School