-   -   making a fileserver (http://www.linux-archive.org/debian-user/81130-making-fileserver.html)

LÉVAI Dániel 05-03-2008 09:17 AM

making a fileserver

Hi!

I'm in a need of a file/printer server, which I'll be deploying to serve
win and linux clients. My plan is to use Debian stable as the server
and I need some advices/experiences on what protocol/filesystem should
I use to make the fileserver part. Currently, I'm thinking of Samba,
because the win clients can only use that; is this correct?

Thanks!

Daniel

--
LÉVAI Dániel