Old 05-02-2008, 08:34 PM
ChadDavis

Default memory recognition

I have 8gb of memory, bios sees it.* Lenny only sees 3.2 gb.*

Is there a different version of the kernel or parameter to make it see all of my memory?

Old 05-02-2008, 08:46 PM
Ron Johnson

Old 05-02-2008, 08:56 PM
"| Dominique H. Schramm (ML) |"

Hi,

ChadDavis schrieb:
I have 8gb of memory, bios sees it. Lenny only sees 3.2 gb.

Is there a different version of the kernel or parameter to make it see
all of my memory?

If you compile your kernel by hand, look at menuconfig for
CONFIG_HIGHMEM64G

--

Viele Gre

Dominique H. Schramm | Linux Administrator
schwarz-weiss.cc | Life between PuTTy and reality
ihr-linuxadmin.eu | Commercial Admin Service

Old 05-05-2008, 04:49 PM
ChadDavis

I installed the bigmem kernel ( 2.6.24-1-686 ).* Thought this is the same kernel version that my system has been running on, when I try to boot to the bigmem kernel, the boot process creeps along at an incredibly slow rate and appears to hang during dev assignment / configuration, though it seems that if I would have left it going for a half an hour it might have made it further.

My question is simple.* Am I naive to think that the bigmem version of the same kernel version would be similar enough to the standard kernel to have no issues with my hardware?